Attack Wheat Bran/Oat Bran

Oatbran is obligatory from day 1 (is a fat buster, helps lower cholesterol, and fills us up nicely! the book explains its uses well... wheatbran is to help out in Cruise if you suffer with constipation.

Oats have very different qualities to wheat. Oats attract water and form a sort of jellied mixture, gently clean their way through. Wheat does not absorb so much and stays more scratchy. Oat bran has much lower cals too and and overall oats whether bran or porridge have better Gi. But porridge oats have too much starch and sugar for this diet, tho ok on others eg South Beach or WW.

I´ve just realised I have the wrong oats! I noticed from some photos in a recipe that the oat bran used didn´t look the same as mine, so I google translated the packet! From the spanish it translates into oat meal not oat bran :( I have managed to find some wheat bran over here but not oat bran.
Does anyone know of anywhere online that sells oat bran and delivers to Spain? Can I continue with just using wheat bran until I get some or can I use the oat meal?

If you're not constipated, the wheatbran won't be doing you any favours...

Spanishanne - this is an old post, and the person who spoke hasn't been seen around here in months!

In France, oatbran is mainly available in health food shops. The odd hypermarket sells it apparently but never one I've frequented!

So try the health shops and ask at the till perhaps when you go in. It's "son d'avoine" in French - no idea in Spanish!

Back