Wheat-free Gluten-free SW

rhubarbie

Hi all.

So I recently had to cut out wheat from my diet (inc bread, cereals, pasta, cakes, biscuits...) as I'd been getting terrible stomach pains when I ate these some of these things.

So I am doing SW without wheat. I was wondering if anyone else is WF or GF and how you get on with the plan?

I'm doing ok and I think my WL is actually improved by not eating bread an cereal bars lol

I'm also not eating chocolate but that's a personal bet with myself!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No probs!

I was wondering if I was infact GF until I had bisto and forgot it contains gluten. I wondered why I had tummy pains in the night. Then it dawned on me!

The most annoying thing is the lack of fibre and choice for my B options (bread/cereals). I can luckily eat ryvita and oats. So that's all I have!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am doing wheat free - and i think it helps because I'm not needing butter or mayo on bread or toast etc...

For fibre intake, i use oatbran, as i have problems with oats (odd i know!)

Hi ive recently started slimming world and im also wheat free, ive found you need to tweak it a bit but it is possible. I think my losses seem to be less than others but that may be down to the bread i use as its mainly made from rice flour and i do red/green days so it may have affected the red days but i tend to not eat bread those days now and save it for green days. i couldnt get my head around EE as i need my HEX's lol. Btw e also are a similar weight/height and have the same goal weight! ;)

Hi just seen this thread. I'm wheat intolerant. I have doves farm high fibre flakes (hexb); DS white ciabatta (hexb). Bisto best is fine to use btw. I've kinda got it sussed now.
Obviously I miss out on sw favourites like scan bran, pasta & sauce, mugshots, Allen lights, hi fi bars etc but maybe that's not a bad thing.
Stick to fresh meat, fish & poultry...fruit & veg...and you can't go wrong xo

yes i am wheat intolerant not gluten intolerant too so im lucky i can have rye bread and oats etc, i have found a wheat free mueseli in Sainsburys now that isnt ridiculously over priced and i use corn cakes or ryvita as my heb or the heb wheat free breads or wheat free pasta so i am managing quite well. Ive been whaet free for over 10 years anyway so ive adapted my diet to substitute those things and im more of a meat and veg/salad kind of person anyway so i dont find that a problem. Bisto best in the glass jars has always been the gravy i have used anyway as i found that is the only one i could eat and its low in syns so thats a bonus. I will have to try the doves farm flakes, are they similar to bran flakes? The mueseli i have is Pertwood wheat free organic muesli and you can have 28g as 1 heb. It does contain oat barley and rye flakes so would only be an option for you if you can eat all those safely :)

I must look for that cause a wee change would be nice. Yes doves farm is a bit like bran flakes. I wasn't a big fan but now I add lots of fruit for my 1/3 or 2/3 superfree I actually look forward to breakfast xo

I'm wheat/ Gluten free and just browsing the forum while thinking about returning to SW (I am cal counting atm) and was wondering if there were any Gluten Free Hxb's :read: I have gluten free oats but was wondering about the breads etc. I tend to only have the bread as toast because I haven't found one I like for sandwiches!!

On another note I have the Mesa Sunrise cereal to try but I actually do miss weetabix and bran flakes so if anyone can recommend GF cereals that resemble these in taste I would be happy.

paganflossy said:
I'm wheat/ Gluten free and just browsing the forum while thinking about returning to SW (I am cal counting atm) and was wondering if there were any Gluten Free Hxb's :read: I have gluten free oats but was wondering about the breads etc. I tend to only have the bread as toast because I haven't found one I like for sandwiches!!

On another note I have the Mesa Sunrise cereal to try but I actually do miss weetabix and bran flakes so if anyone can recommend GF cereals that resemble these in taste I would be happy.

Once you join sw & sign in online there is a list of gluten free hex's xo

Thanks for telling us about the list of hex's online cupcake.

I haven't been diagnosed as anything, but always avoid pasta and bread as when I eat it my stomach swells till I look fully pregnant. It's very uncomfortable. My first week on SW I ate pasta a few times and it was awful! I put weight ON so stopped eating it for the last few days and eventually lost a pound. This week is my second week - I have avoided wheat and my stomach is much flatter and I had lost 2 pound by mid week. Can't wait to weigh in on Monday!!!

Goo luck everyone!! Xxx

sophieann said:
Thanks for telling us about the list of hex's online cupcake.

I haven't been diagnosed as anything, but always avoid pasta and bread as when I eat it my stomach swells till I look fully pregnant. It's very uncomfortable. My first week on SW I ate pasta a few times and it was awful! I put weight ON so stopped eating it for the last few days and eventually lost a pound. This week is my second week - I have avoided wheat and my stomach is much flatter and I had lost 2 pound by mid week. Can't wait to weigh in on Monday!!!

Goo luck everyone!! Xxx

Just becareful with excluding food without seeing your doctor. The dietician tried me on a few diets till wheat free seemed to make me feel better. However, she didn't reintroduce like she was supposed to but instead discharged me. I can't tolerate any wheat what so ever now; my doctor doesn't recognise it as I need to have tests but I need to eat wheat again for weeks before I can have them which just isn't possible. If you can, speak to your doctor first xo

Back