"When are you due" AM NOT!!!

0141den

Hi,:wave_cry: this is my first post so i hope ive done it right, now a bit of the boring stuff.......am 34 and in the last year i have gained.......if i say it quietly no one will hear - 4 and a half stone - :cry: OMG i really said it lol! so i need to lose a total of 7 stone as i was on the very tubby side to start!

I recently have been diagnosed with hashimot's diease which is a auto immune diease and it basically kills my thyroid gland hence the fast weight gain, so waiting on surgery to remove my thyroid so i am sick of people asking when are you due and struggeling to do my own damn laces.........i could go on!

Ive been told losing weight can be very slow with thyroid promblems but surley i could shift something :confused:! I have spent months reading your fantastic stories and i need to get on it, am thinking of starting Monday, i have started twice brefore and gave in by the end of the day :sigh:! Jez i sound pathetic so no more being a loser i need to get my life back............and one day take my little girl swimming!

Thanks for having a little read and sorry for boring you haha!

Last edited:
hello and welcome :)

you have made the right decision by joining here and writing a diary! We all understand and will support and advice you along the way! We are a friendly bunch..mad but friendly!!! :)

I am sorry to hear about your health issues, my ex hubby had an overactive thyroid and lost lots of weight, he eventually needed surgery and is on medication for life, but he returned to a healthy weight...so i hope your surgery is as successful, i am sure it will, and it will have the opposite effect, an underactive thyroid..so it theory you should probably lose any excess weight caused by the underactivity?

Good luck with your plan, making the initial decsion to do something about weight gain is the first step , so well done you! :)

I have been here for a year, still losing and still lots to lose..but i'm plodding on! :) I walk for exercise and am on my exercise bike every day at home... too shy for the gym!!!

Set yourself mini goals, the bigger picture isn't too daunting then! reward yourself monthly with wee non food treats :)

I don't know if my diary is one of those you've looked at? if it is, you will know i am on here every day, my diary can be a bit of a madhouse, but the friends on here are what keeps me going and we have a laugh while we melt the lbs, pop in anytime you want..but be warned, you will end up as crazy as we are!!!! :)

I see you are a glaswegian..me too!!!..born and bred..but left my hometown 7 years ago for the love of a good man..2nd and FINAL hubby!!! :)

Keep posting, i look forward to chatting with you! :)

Hi rainbow rose, thank you for your lovely welcome and for your advice, your so right mini goals are better and thats what am gonna do!

I was due to start exante so also put a post in exante bit and someone was also kind enough to answer me with advice regarding vlcd(exante) and thyroid medcation (to do with adsorbition) so ive contacted exante for advice and i will ask my endo, anywho am hoping to have this sorted and make a start.

I see you have a link to your diary so am defo gonna have a read as it sounds fun and a little mad haha
Sorry i am a fake Glaswegian tho been here 17years and its home to me, i am really from Oban, where are you living now i see its still Bonnie Scotland?

I so no what you mean with going to the gym i am exactly the same tho last year a got a gp referall to gym and thought just do it! So i did and hammered it 5nights a week and after 3 weeks i lost.........................nothing but PUT ON 7lbs! Thats when the g.p started to listen to me and investegated thyroid so am so dishearted with the whole damn thing and now that am even bigger no chance off gym so i will do what your doing me thinks, walking and i have a cross trainer!

Well done on your weight loose and for sticking at it, i hope i can follow in your foot steps!
Take care x

hello Denise

very sensible to get everything checked before you start on any new lifestyle change, i wish you lots of luck with whatever plan you decide on. So many on here and we are all doing different plans and methods, but with the same goal in mind!

I am now on the West Coast of Scotland and loving it! Purple Roses who is on here and often pops into my thread, is from up the north of scotland too!

I could have gone to the gym to with a medical referral, but just as i gathered the courage last summer to do it, i had a drama with one of my eyes and the idea was put on the back burner..it is STILL on the back burner!!! hee hee ooh errr!!! :D

Keep posting as much as possible during the good days and not so good days, i, like many others, will be around to keep you going!

have a great evening :)

Back