When did 'Campbells Meatballs' become 'Fray Bentos meatballs'?

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
I noticed that Campbells Meatballs are free on red day! However, I have also noticed that Campbells Meatballs are now under the name of Fray Bentos. Are they still the same just a different name? Dont want to get some and find they are not free anymore.

Any help on the syn values would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Sarah :)

Campbells don't exist anymore... the soups became Batchelors but didn't know about meatballs.

Here's the Fray Bentos values:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fray Bentos Meatballs in Gorgeous Gravy, canned 410g can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 8½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 16 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fray Bentos Meatballs in Onion Gravy, canned 410g can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 9½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 17 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fray Bentos Meatballs in Tomato Sauce, canned 410g can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 10½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 18 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hi, I've been going to Slimming World for 11 weeks, have only lost 5.5lbs, I'm not sure whether to try the Alli pill instead, please help!!

Hiya Mel,

The Alli pill will only work if you stick rigidly to a low fat diet (the same sort of diet that SW gives you). If you're having trouble losing weight on SW, speak to your consultant or post a food diary in the relevant forum - it might be that you are making a mistake with the plan without realising, or one type of 'day' suits you better than others.

Alli may help you lose more weight than you do on SW alone (they say for every 2lbs you lose through diet alone, you may lose an extra 1lb - so your weight loss would be upped to 9lbs instead of 5.5lbs if you'd been taking it). However, these results are not guaranteed, and they seem to be partially due to the psychological effects that it has - having diarrhoea running down your legs after 'cheating' with a high fat item does certainly dissuade me from eating such foods...

In my opinion, it's an expensive choice - if you're that overweight and want to do something about it, speak to your GP as the same drug can be given on prescription (obviously a lot cheaper than buying over the counter), but otherwise sticking at SW would be cheaper I think!

Feel free to ask us for help - there are some very knowledgeable people here very willing to assist in any way they can...

Back