When did MiniMins start?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rubyberrie, 1 March 2007 Social URL.

1. rubyberrie

rubyberrie Working My Way to Thin!

Is there anywhere on this site that gives a bit of history on MiniMins, i.e. when did it start, what does MiniMins stand for, who's idea was it etc. etc. or if not, does anyone know the answer to these questions?

I would be interested to know, as I think this site is fab and whoever thought of it deserves a pat on the back :) :) :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Pierce

Pierce Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, Healthy Eating & Exercise
    MiniMins opened its doors on July 19th 2006
    It was envisioned by Mini (a housewife)
    She asked me (her son) to make it happen as im an IT student.
    And made possible by the dedication of our members.

On Discovery Health forums, Mini had a nickname Mini Mins which was given to her by a user called Brightness.

Pierce

rubyberrie likes this.
  4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Think we could do with making this a sticky (maybe on Newcomers page??) - as lots of new people must join and wonder - when?? how?? why??

It is nice to have some of the history etc about our wonderful site.

5. rubyberrie

rubyberrie Working My Way to Thin!

Hi Pierce

Thank you so much for that and well done to you and Mum!, for the great idea and the great site that you have put together.

Considering you have not been around a year yet, you have plenty of members and they are growing by the hour!! the word is spreading fast

Since becoming a member on the 25th January, I have spent many an hour, many a late night, many tears and much laughter - absolutely fabulous - can't remember the last time I watched telly - well done !

[​IMG]

Mini likes this.
  6. AngieBabie

AngieBabie Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life/Cambridge
    I am so glad that you were able to bring us this site, Its been a great help to me already (plus I think I am a little addicted to it...lol). THANKYOU both! Angela x

Mini likes this.
  7. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Yes a huge thank you....:thankyou: ....to you and your mum, without this site I would have failed big time by now. I cant imagine my day without minimins. :clap: its better than therapy anytime as we are all in the same boat.....:psiholog:

Mini likes this.
  8. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    hear hear, i can hand on heart say this site has been my saving grace, diet wise :scale: & in other ares too, there is allways a sympathetic ear, a funny tale, a thought provoking comment or such to read. when you are down there are plenty of :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: & when you need advice there is plenty of :psiholog: & when you have done well there is plenty of :clap:
    so from me :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Mini likes this.
  9. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    This thread is making me feel warm and smilie, isn't it lovely when people take the time to say Thank you and well done?

Let me add my thanks to Mini and Pierce for all their continuing hardwork and dedication to the world of Minimins.:D

Mini likes this.
  10. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    i was prev a regular over on DH when i gave up cd april last yr was popping in from time 2 time and none of the old faves were there mini izzy icemoose russian doll etc i wondered where they all went and managed to find this through a posting on there when came back last week forgot all about this site and went to DH where again i was miffed saw another comment and remembered where everyone was so here i am totally converted thanks guys xxxxxxxx

Mini likes this.
  11. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    HOORAH FOR MINIMINS!!:D :D :D

Mini likes this.
  12. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    I joined Minimins two weeks ago today and already I don't know what I would do without it! It's a wonderful forum - everyone is so unbelievably friendly, supportive and helpful. It truly is a fabulous site. Thanks Mini and Pierce!!

:)

Mini likes this.
  13. xxluckyxx

xxluckyxx Silver Member

:wow: Big BIG THANK YOU to Pierce and Mini on bringing us this site :thankyou: It is a true inspiration to all that uses it !

Lots of happy moments and also a place where we can share our troubles ..... Thank you guys :patback: :grouphugg:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.