when did you start looking at prams / buggies etc

lebody

i have a history of mc and also a stillbirth, so as you can imagine im really reluctant to buy anything for baby yet as not quite 21 weeks ..
.. but i keep finding myself having a sneaky peak at prams and buggies, i really want to make sure we get the "right" one as live in a flat and its going to be a complete nightmare going up and down the stairs etc ..
i have my eye on the icandy peach (have yet to convince hubby) and notice our local supplier is john lewis, im really tempted to go and have a try in cpl weeks .. but keep thinking perhaps i should leave until the last minute - when are you all planning to start shopping around for your travel systems, and when do you think you'll order?

I have a serious addiction to prams, seriously I love them, I started looking as soon as I found out and have more or less decided on the Babystyle Oyster , with carrycot and car seat in the Pearl colour. I do like the Mamas and Papas Rubix plus car seat too but it doesn't fold with the body on?. It must be hard with your history to actually want to purchase anything but there is absolutely nothing stopping you from checking them out. When you know what you are after you can then buy it as soon as you feel ready. My advice would be to go to the shops to see them in the 'flesh' and then shop online , lots of reputable companies out there and cheaper online, take care Jo

I was obsesed with prams from the moment I tested positive, I don't know why but it used to keep me up at night because all the different ones would be floating around my head! I ended up getting the Britax vigour, it's light and easy to fold down and fits in my little car :)

I ordered it when I was about 5 months and picked it up from the store about 3 weeks before due date - I didn't feel right having it in the house before then, and even then I kept it at my parents til Baby Girl was born.

Good luck choosing, my SIL has just chosen the iCandy Peach too, loves it x x

i can understand why you are holding back :( i guess its completely your decision though, i prefer to be prepared and have things in advance, i know other people who have waited last minute. do you have the space to store it until baby is born? or someone else who has the space to store it for you? definately go into shops and test them out and make sure it will fit in your boot etc!

im pram obsessed too :eek: and to date i have had 8 in 2 years :D

currently i have 3....

a bugaboo cameleon, which i will be using for this baby, its an amazing pushchair

next i have a petite star zia, which folds really small and is brill for the shops

a hauk runner which is a cheap and cheerful bargain i got from ebay that i use for offroading, in the woods on the beach etc

and lastly, delighted with the excuse to buy a new buggy i have got a double silver cross pop. although my daughter walks just about everywhere now i got it for long days out. trouble is, although its suitable from birth, the seat doesnt lie as flat as i'd like it so doesnt look comfy enough for a newborn to me. so i have started looking around for a different double (before i have even used this one!)

I think we loked pretty early for the first one... I have deffinately been looking early for this one because we live maybe about 2/3 miles walk from doctors so thought I either need to get a really good double buggy or need to start training my 2 year old for long hikes lol.
I don't think there's any harm in looking at what you plan to buy, there's no need to buy it yet though? I think there are stores that hold them for you untill nearer your due date..?

As long as you have a car seat thats all that matters before baby arrives ((Hugs)) on your losses. Words can't say enough there.

Personally we were and are on a budget, so I looked at Ebay locally and found a fantastic travel system by M&P for an amazing £40 with no other bidders. My baby is now nearly 5 months and it's done us really well. The pram came with all the extras of coseytoes, rain cover etc, and although we could use it year round we are looking at a smaller buggy for summer months but intend to use the pram again come winter. The carseat came with the isofix base and is wonderful - as new.

I also bought my cot on ebay (and a few other bits like moses basket, high chair etc) and is almost new. Again it's M&P and for £40 with changing topper.

So.. my point is.. don't rule out 'pre-loved' items, they can save you a bomb and do really well.

hi

thanks, yes i guess theres no harm in looking .. we have another scan at addenbrookes at 23 weeks so will perhaps pop into john lewis and just have a sneaky look .. try out couple different models
thanks again x

Back