When did your counselling really click for you?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Ali, 5 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Ali

Ali Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.23%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi All,

The reason I ask this question as because I have tried every diet under the sun and two meal replacements Cambridge and Lipotrim but still gave up or gained weight.

The reason I thought of Lighterlife is because I thought the counselling would be really powerful and get me through it all but I have to say although i have enjoyed the last 2 meetings and have had a real good read of the foundation book I don't feel like the counselling is of much benefit so far??

Any advice would be great.............

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Hi Ali

For me, I can't say it actually clicked at any particular point, in that I didn't see a big blinding light and suddenly understand why I was overweight, and how to manage my weight at a healthy level for life. :D

What did happen, was various bits and pieces made sense, and helped me understand what my trigger points were, and how to try and avoid them, or deal with them without turning to the fridge for comfort. Not everything we covered in the sessions was useful by any stretch of the imagination, but a fair few things were. Also, we're all different, and some of the stuff I found useful others didn't get at all, and vice versa.

Try not to see the counselling as the holy grail - it's just really a load of tools that used effectively, could help you maintain your new healthy weight in the future. Just do keep an open mind, and give all the ideas a go, you never know what may work for you unless you try :)

4. flexiblefish

flexiblefish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Not clicked yet. Still waiting

5. DavidFalkirk

DavidFalkirk Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(13.53%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I've only had one counselling session since I';ve been the only guy in my group.

A new guy started on Thursday so hopefully will start soon.

D

6. Gemma79

Gemma79 I will do this!

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    it's a progression, I've completed RTM and am now going back on LLL to lose another bit I have put on, but I am still earning and having light bulb moments. I guess for me I think about it as I have been overweight for 12 + years, I'm not going to learn how to be a slim person in 6 months on abstinence. For me the counseling has been amazing, but I had to change councilors to find one that for me is a total inspiration. Good luck and stick with it, it's early days.

7. Dazzle

Dazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(18.48%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    Hi Ali. for me each meeting strengthens my resolve to reach my target weight. and also like lucy said it doesnt just hit you! from each meeting you take away bits of information which make you really think about what you're doing around food and why your eating. my meetings motivate me. the whole process of being weighed and then talking to your group about your loss each week is also very helpful and it makes me feel good about myself. i also find myself talking to the people around me about the discussions and they then help me along the way reminding me why im doing this. thats some of the ways the meetings help me but we're all different and for you it might be something else totally.

8. Iwillgetthere

Iwillgetthere Determined to succeed

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st11lb(57.41%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Maintaining
    David do you just get weighed in every week and then have to go home without any counselling :confused:

9. Laraa

Laraa Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    im hoping it will kick in in these upoming weeks.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.