When diets go wrong - BBC3 now

I had my gallbladder out last summer due to gallstones. My doctor actively encouraged me to stay on CD as it was so low fat, i would have to stick to a low fat diet anyway before my op so it just made sence. He also said that he believed my gallstones were caused by my pre-CD diet and not CD itself.

if childbirth is easier than gallbladder/stones pain, i can only laugh at myself for being utterly terrified about the labour/delivery of my two boys! hehehehe.

but i can only agree. the incredible pain and discomfort...i shiver thinking about it now.

((and to think, for the 24 hours BEFORE i went to my doc'clinic, the hubby thought i was over exagerating what would turn out to be a bad case of gas/bloat! hahaha))

he still feels awful for doubting my pain, to this day.
<<<whispers: and so he should! >
lol:family2:

my sister always a 10 - 12 had her gall bladder out age 24, she loved pastry, cant touch it now, i had my gall bladder out age 29 , i lived off cheese pasties, got pregnant amediatly after, would also have 100 babies rather than gall bladder out. mine was nothing to do with any diet, and i was told it is fatty foods that cause problems with gallbladder, so there is no way cd can cause this, maybe the lifestyle b4 cd xxx

A friend of mine was on this show, she was the atkins girl and I agree that it was very one sided.
With regards to the gallstones I agree with the other posters, a fatty, 'normal' diet can cause gallstones just as much as being on a VLCD can.

Back