When Do You Realise You Are Losing Weight?

I'll start a new thread to ask about any suggestions as I don't fancy reading back through lots of posts to find which thread it was on!

I don't watch Gok, is he any good?

He's very good at putting people in things that suit them and he puts them in all that suck you in underwear so the clothes look much better. I do wonder how you manage to go to the loo with it on though. If think he's on again at the moment - don't know what night coz I've not watched it since last year.

Tracey

Tracey if we managed to go to the loo wearing those "bodies" years ago I am sure they manage somehow.

I do remember though each time I have worn my Bridget Jones kinickers it takes ages to go to the loo because I almost have to roll them of and then back on again. The relief I get when I get home after a night of wearing them feels so good.

OMG, I remember those bodies, they had press-studs underneath that you had to undo! Not good when you were bursting for the loo! I forgot about those - they did look nice though.

My big knickers leave a bigger dent in the sides of my legs than any normal VPL. Maybe coz they're too small, they are fitting better though. Who knows, in a few weeks time they may fit properly and leave no line at all.

Tracey

I am sorry to say this but I always thougt those bodies must have been designed by a man..... a women surely would have put the studs to the front instead of underneath.

I haven't worn my Bridget Jones Knicks, for a while but maybe they will feel more comfortable now that I have lost weight, as if I am honest mine are also too small...... I got them when I could would fitted dresses and just needed a little bit of help.

Hey, just remembered another dress that I will have to try again one day. It is velvet and clingly and I wore it just after meeting hubby. Another goal to bear in mind!

Yep, you're right, it would have been much easier with the press-studs there and more comfy too.

You'll have to try the big knicks on again and see how they are.

I attempted my rahrah dress and I can zip it up as far as my waist now. It gapes about 4 inches further up, so I've got that to lose yet. It is coming off though slowly. I'll give it another month or 2 and try it again.

Let us know how your fittings go.

Tracey

Hi

I have just posted that I am sending hubby into my parents loft this weekend and I am going to get him to bring down some bags of my stuff to see what I can now wear.

I won't be wearing the knickers just yet as I don't feel ready to go into anything that fitted, but like you, in another couple of months who knows.

I have been told the underdress is from ASDA, so I will check it out all ready for when I will wear certain clothes. I have been to ASDA recently but did not have time to look, so I hope they still sell it.

I am glad you agree with the my design for bodies, why didn't they just make them that way?

I just saw your post about the loft, I'm dying to know what you've got up there. I tried that dress on but nothing else yet, most of the other stuff I've got is stuff I'll actually wear when it fits me (except the white mini!)

I've seen the ASDA underdress on the website (I put the link in your post) I'm gona get my mum to get me one and send it here.

Tracey

Don't even go there about what is in the loft. I can't even remember half of it.

I went travelling 99-01 and since then I have a complete new wardrobe that I didn't have before going away. Between my loft and my parents I must have just about all the clothes I have ever owned since I was a teenager. It could prove to be a fashion disaster waiting to happen.

I will not get everything down just yet as I want to reach target before I start trying everything on and then throwing stuff out.

I have so many pairs of Levi jeans in different colours that I can't wait to be able to get back into them. (Hopefully they will need altering when I get to target as I think thay were a size 14!)

Oh, I wish I still had all my old stuff. We moved house a few times so always had a clearout and then when we came here we had a major clearout so there's not a lot left.

My mum did produce a gypsy skirt that I wore when I was about 16 last time I was back in England. She said 'look at this you used to fit in this'. It had a 23 inch waist (we measured it coz it looked so tiny), I don't know whether it was a hint or not that she took it out to show me.

Tracey

When I first started to lose weight, I had so many black bin bags of various sized clothes in the loft, that I had a new wardrobe every month/stone!! It was brill having a trying on session every month....even now I get excited....down another dress size this year already, and today down another bra cup size.....woohoo!!!!

Well done Missy, I am hoping to have a whole new wardrobe to wear as well..... I just hope it isn't all size 12 up there as then I will have to wait a bit longer.

Tracey 23 inch waist! I remember at secondary school being a 22 inch waist, what went wrong?????? I can't remember how old I was though but we all had to measure ourselves. I always had a big bum, (pear shape) but back then I didn't even have a belly!!!!!

Well I've now lost 10lb altogether and finally the measure has definitely moved, a whole inch off my waist and almost a whole inch off my backside. Another half stone to target and I think I'll be one happy bunny :)

Missy, Well done on your loss, it must a great incentive to have all those clothes ready to put on as you fit into them.

Hobbesy, A whole inch off your waist and backside is fantastic - not far to go now -last half stone.

Suzy, I think you must be like me, I had a tiny waist and a big bum. Even now the weight is all coming off my waist first and it'll only come off my bum, hips and thighs in the last stone. In a way I suppose it's a good incentive to get to target. If the weight came off evenly I might be tempted to stay at half a stone over my target.

Tracey

Well done Hobbsey from me too.

I am not big on measuring as I find it easier to look at the scales but you have done great.

Well done Hobbesy.

Miss Biker-must be motivating to get back into clothes!

I'm dreading having to buy everything again because I love my clothes. I wish I could just make them smaller lol. I've already had to adjust the buttons on my coat at the waist 3 times now cos it just looks silly and I'm floating in it. No complaints :)

Well done Hobbesy - you'll be at target in no time!

I have load's of clothes in pretty much every size going, I don't think I'm quite ready to have a trying on session though! Would be gutted if something I thought would fit didn't.
My current coat is swimming on me too - I only bought it in october, so it wasn't tight to start with, but its fitted, and at the current rate of boobs disappearing :)( )I won't be able to wear it anymore soon!

Peachy I love buying clothes too - although I'm excited at the thought of it, not dreading it! The day I can look in the mirror in a shop changing room and not think I look revolting will be a revolution :D
Also well done on this weeks weight loss, I've had a busy couple of weeks so haven't had time to post really, but did notice your thread about your foot - glad you've got your motivation back.

OMG tracey+suzy a 22/23 inch waist! I can't even imagine that! I think my smallest skirts at school were possibly a 26 and I look at them and think they're tiny!

Sugar- I know, looking in the mirror and not being disgusted must feel amazing, can't wait! I already feel better about it 12 pounds down. Thanks though, my foot's ok now. I've been on a few walks and it's been alright, still a bit swollen though.

Peachy, what did you do to you foot? Sorry I have missed those posts?

Sugar, I don't think I will ever get to a 22 inch waist again and I am not aiming for that! I was always pear shaped, before I got soooo overweight, and I was quite curvy with a big bum so even then I wasn't entirely happy with my figure.

Tracey,

I don't think I would ever complain about my big bum again if I got even remotely close to what I was!

Suzy-no worries! I just sprained my ankle last week and it got me really down. I was really good about jogging 3-4 times a week and I couldn't imagine my weight loss without it. Uni and what not were tough on me too-basically in a bad mood. But now it's all fixed it seems with this week's loss, measurements going down and I've treated myself to a nice shimmery eyeshadow so I feel good :) Thanks for asking x

Back