When Do You Realise You Are Losing Weight?

Sugarfiend and just peachy, Just think when the weather improves and you don't need to wear your coats anymore everybody is going to notice your weight loss. The coats are probably hiding it a lot now so it'll be very noticable then. That'll be something to look forward to.

Suzy, I'll never complain about my big bum either coz a big bum is only noticable when the rest of you is slim. Nothing wrong with big bums anyway, they make your waist look smaller.

Tracey

Tracey- yeah that's so true! Hopefully by then I'll have lost enough that people will notice. No one's said anything yet apart from my flatmate who I told I had lost weight.

Really looking forward to that, I think it'll be even more motivating. My mum's coming to visit at the start of April and she hasn't seen me since Christmas so hopefully she'll be the real judge of that.

I am waiting for those compliments............ I guess though not only do I need to lose the big coat, which is now quite comfortable when I do the buttons up, but I also need to lose the baggy jumpers as they are so shapeless they do nothing for me.

Tracey you are right about the small wasit, big bum comment. I never thought of it as people would only notice it when I was slim...... that is another comment then I have to look forward to when I ask hubby "does my bum look big in this?" Oh bless him, he won't be able to win on that one will he, as he will be bound to say "No sweetheart, of couse not!"

Peachy, glad to hear you are having a better week and that all is on the mend, physically and emotionally.

Thanks Suzy, looking forward to this week's weigh in already :)

I knew i was losing weight when I got compliements too. I saw a lot of people over the weekend who i havnt seen in a very long time. Every single one of them has compliemented me, and even people who would never usually talk to me have compliemented me. This just spurs me on so much..
Plus, now my size 18s are so big I have to get into 16s thats when Im really realising I have lost weight :) x

Hi Guys

I don't think you realise how much you've lost untill you get compliments. Also, if you still drown yourself in clothes when you've only lost a little - like 1 stone/2 stones, then people won't notice it as much. To get compliments, you need to show off your loss. Its hard to do this when you know you've got say 3 stones to lose.

I noticed a difference in myself after losing only 6lbs. But people didn't start noticing untill I got to about 3 stone lost, because thats when I started getting more confidence to wear tighter clothes.

:)

LittleMiss
How do I get that confidence to wear different clothes when I know I am still a few months of target?

I am normally a very confident person and I refuse to allow my weight to get me down, (most of the time!) but I feel if I go into tighter clothes I will just look awful.

RugbyKirsty,
well done on all your compliments, I can't wait to get there!

Just Peachy, your weigh in will be good!

LittleMiss
How do I get that confidence to wear different clothes when I know I am still a few months of target?

I am normally a very confident person and I refuse to allow my weight to get me down, (most of the time!) but I feel if I go into tighter clothes I will just look awful.

RugbyKirsty,
well done on all your compliments, I can't wait to get there!

Just Peachy, your weigh in will be good!

Hey,

I'm struggling with the clothes thing too. But sometimes I want to show people how much effort i've put in, and how normal I look now (even though i've still got 3 stone to lose, I know I look slimmer)

I try and find clothes that flatter the good parts, which is hard for me at the moment because I only have the clothes I used to wear - no money to buy new stuff.

I think when it comes to weight loss - us females are never happy. When I was over 15 stone, I promised myself if I ever got down to 12 stone, I would start swimming again, because I thought I'd look great in a swimming costume at that weight, now i'm down to 11 stone, and i'm still no where near wearing a costume. Its wierd how life works. I don't think i'll be happy untill I don't have one bit of fat on me. Which is not a very good attitude.

;)

I'm struggling a bit with this at the moment. Even though I've lost over 50lbs since September, I think my plan to make my clothes last as long as possible before "downsizing" is starting to backfire on me.

Worse, I've lost 50lbs but still can't even think about wearing some of the size 18 clothing that I still have from the last time I lost a lot of weight, and that's hammering home just how much I've gained since I last dieted. All of a sudden I have this yawning chasm ahead of me, instead of "Wow! 53lbs already!".

Which is weird.

I think a lot of it's the pervading ill weather. I'm still wearing chunky jumpers, still dressing like it's the Arctic Circle, so I still look fat and frumpy. But I also know that even if it were summer I'd still be this size 22 instead of an 18... And that even 18 isn't where I want to eventually be.

Just having one of those months, obviously :D

Glad to know I am not the only one with the clothes issue, I so love this site!!!!!! it makes me realise I am not alone in the way I feel.

Crazybit,

your wight loss is fantastic so please be proud of yourself and think of the postives as you are doing so well.

I am thinking it is tempting to have a big bonfire of all my big jumpers when I stop wearing them but it is more than likely I will ask hubby to do a charity shop drop. (I would be too embarassed if they actually looked at the size on the labels!)

I just wish I knew when I would fell the confidence to stop wearing them. I thought by now I would be happy to change my clothes style but I am still not!

Littlemiss

maybe you should still think about going ahead with the swimming as it is supposed to be such a good exercise for you and it will also help to tone you up. I always walk to the poolside with my towel tied around me as I feel so conscious!

I want to start swimming again but I am waiting for the warmer weather. Well, that is my excuse anyway! and I am sticking to it!

I know, I'm just being a bit daft. I suspect once the weather warms up and I can stop hiding under the chunky sweaters I'll improve :D

Im having the clothing issue too. I have gone out and bought some tops to see me through these next couple of months until i get into 14's. I am so determined to get in them. Ive never been a size 16 so cant go back into clothes I was in before, so i am just getting minimal clothes to get me through till i hit target. Ive kept my Jeans and Top which I was wearing when I took my 'before' picture and ive kept a bra (funny i know but ive gone down in size in that too), just to perminantley remind myself of what I was like and will never be again.

I suppose it is something to learn, how to dress your new body and everything. You need to learn what looks good and what cuts everything, it's normal that a lot of us are having that issue. This might be a mission for Gok :D

I'm not having the clothes issue at all, I'm dead happy to fit into my skinny jeans! I also had this top that I love and used to wear all the time and wore it this week and I wasn't worried or paranoid about my tummy so yay :)

I'm trying to not buy anymore clothes cos it's my motivation to lose even more weight. I went to Primark yesterday and fell in love with this dress and I loved it so much, and it fit me so well (size 18 instead of 20, yay) and it was only 7 pounds but I didn't buy it by principle lol. I also found earrings that I adored too for 2 pounds but waited and they'll be my reward if lose weight this week. And the dress, well I think that when I reach 200, will be will my half point from my goal, I'll go and get that dress, f*ck it.

Hey Crazybit, we all feel the same so please don't feel daft.

Rugbykirsty
Well done on your great weight loss, you are doing really well. I need to start having a clear out but I am still clinging to my baggy jumpers like Crazybit. I will give them up soon.

Hi Just Peachey,

you must have posted as I was writing. I was just wondering would it be an idea to buy the dress in a sixteen as an added incentive to get you there.

I know, I shouldn't be spending your money for you when I am still pretty much getting by on my "big" clothes.

Maybe I should get some of those tummy control briefs. That way I can wear something tighter without going "Argh! My stomach! It's escaping!" :D

I've lost 4 stone and am now on the brink of being a healthy weight. I still feel like a fat person though... but my motivation to carry on is dwindling with every weigh in...:(

CrazyBrit-there are these nice sort of corsets that suck in all your middle section fat, and nobody could tell they're under what you're wearing, they work miracles!

Suzy-yeah, size 16 is a good idea but that might be a long way ahead. I've already lost a size and I'm 6 pounds away from half my goal... but I'll think about it. Gonna go look at it today again but going to get those earrings since I lost 2 pounds this week :)

Back