When do you stop drinking water on weigh in days?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Lana, 5 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Lana

Lana Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Total
    I read on here that someone stops drinking water in the afternoon on weigh in days, does this make a difference??

I glug my 4 litres down before weigh in and sometimes 1.5-2 litres just before I leave.

I have my weigh in tonight at 7pm so would love some advice please.

:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Well, it may just make a slight difference to your weigh in, but you would need to do this every weigh in day and it won't be a true reflection of how much you weigh.

I know it's difficult but try to get out of that mindset. I too have to hold my hand up to using various techniques in the past to make my weigh in look good.

I think you have to examine what you are trying to achieve here. Losing weight for you or getting a pat on the back from your counsellor.

If your aim is to lose weight for yourself, then it doesn't really matter when you drink the water...just that you drink it :)

Best of luck for your weigh in tonight. Let us know how it goes :)

4. Smileyhope

Smileyhope Member

I drink 2 litres before attending weekly weigh in and then stop and have 2 litres afterwards. I don't do this in the hope of getting a pat on the back from the counsellor but just in an attempt to get as accurate weight record as possible.

It may not make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things but I do it for my peace of mind.

Hope x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.