When do you stop drinking water on weigh in days?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Lana, 5 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Lana

Lana Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lighterlife Total
    I read on here that someone stops drinking water in the afternoon on weigh in days, does this make a difference??

I glug my 4 litres down before weigh in and sometimes 1.5-2 litres just before I leave.

I have my weigh in tonight at 7pm so would love some advice please.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Well, it may just make a slight difference to your weigh in, but you would need to do this every weigh in day and it won't be a true reflection of how much you weigh.

I know it's difficult but try to get out of that mindset. I too have to hold my hand up to using various techniques in the past to make my weigh in look good.

I think you have to examine what you are trying to achieve here. Losing weight for you or getting a pat on the back from your counsellor.

If your aim is to lose weight for yourself, then it doesn't really matter when you drink the water...just that you drink it :)

Best of luck for your weigh in tonight. Let us know how it goes :)
  4. Smileyhope

Smileyhope Member

I drink 2 litres before attending weekly weigh in and then stop and have 2 litres afterwards. I don't do this in the hope of getting a pat on the back from the counsellor but just in an attempt to get as accurate weight record as possible.

It may not make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things but I do it for my peace of mind.

Hope x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.