when does your head catch up with your scales ??

fillymum

synful soul
Yesterday I was out and about, so called into the charity shop opposite where we had our last shop.

It was so nice to see everyone.

Whilst I was there I browsed through the clothes, they have some wonderful stuff. I found 2 summer tops on the XL rail. I didn't bother to try them on as they looked fine for me and I was thrilled with them. Both brand new, English makes, good quality and a real knock down price, like 2€ each.

When I got home I could not wait to try them on. Both were huge on me, one particularly so. I looked at the sizes, which were hidden away at the bottom of a side seam. One was a 32 !!! one was a 26 !!! I really saw myself as being that big . I have never worn either of those sizes. The size 26 I love so Paul pinned it down the back for me and one of todays jobs is to take out 8" of material. I will give the other to my sister as she knows someone who would be glad of it.

Do we ever stop seeing ourselves as mega big. I am still big, 18 top and 20 bottom, 18 in some trousers, but I bought a 26 and a 32. But not that big.

Wow, that's really a familiar feeling. I keep picking up my old size in shops then getting disappointed because they don't fit. It's nice being smaller but my smaller size (14) always seems to be out of stock in stuff I like :/

I did this recently. I used to be a size 28/30. My MIL took me clothes shopping, so I thought that I would gather some size 18s to try on. MIL had to put them back on rail, came back with 16s..nope still too big. In the end we came from there with size 12s and even a size 10 top!
I have only just resorted in buying smaller pants! :) My granny pants which are a 28/30 and are so comfortable are practically being pulled up under my arm pits!...Gone to a 14 now and even these are a bit big! Lol...Im not sure when my head will catch up with my size, as I still see myself at that size 28/30.

Back