When I'm thinner I will......

ColJack

Gold Member
I just thought of a good idea. ( probably been thought of before )

I am going to write a list of things I want to do when I loose the weight and stick it on the fridge. I might even have things I want to do at various stages..

In fact I'm going to start it here too.. feel free to add your own or take inspiration for your own lists if you want to..

When I'm thinner I will...

1. Go to alton towers and not have to worry if I'll fit on the rides
2. Start dating again when I get down to less than 20st ( my last date was over 12 years ago.. )
3. Buy a nice suit

When I'm thinner I will....

- take baths without fat floating to the top of the water and making me conscious of my excess!

-have lots of choice of size 12 clothes in a variety of shops, both cheapy ones and classy ones and buy the styles I've always wanted to wear!

-be able to curl up in a small space with a book without being conscious of my big belly getting in the way!

-feel good in a bikini on holiday and not feel the need to cover myself up! And summer clothes in general!

-lower the risk of many health problems that come with obesity- diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, knee and hip problems.

-wear high heeled shoes without the horrendous burning of the balls of my feet!

-thoroughly enjoy shopping for outfits for weddings and parties and being spoilt for choice rather than crying in shop changing rooms because nothing fits me or looks nice on me! When I'm at target I'm going to treat myself to a nice dress from Coast- I've always envied people who wear dresses from there!

-enjoy a variety of exercises and not feel self conscious or uncomfortable doing them because I will have so much more energy and body confidence

I am already well on my way to achieving many of these things, I feel healthier, more energetic, enjoying clothes shopping again, enjoying going out with friends and not making excuses not to go!! With just under 1 stone to go I am excited about finally getting there and enjoying life all the more!

I just hope to 'stay there' because I have lost 2 - 3 stones - 5 times or thereabouts and then regained the lot.

I love the feeling of being slim, fitting into nice clothes, having the choice of clothes instead of having to HAVE what fitted me whether it suited me or whether it was 'too old' looking for me.

So when I am slim - I want to stay there.

Great idea...

So then -when Im slimmer I will:-
  • have great delight in smashing my bathroom scales :D as I will then rely on how my clothes fit and not on what that lump of plastic says!!
  • wear a pair of killer heels in memory of my beautiful big sister-who lived in the things
  • have a wardrobe full of pretty coloured clothes that I can just throw on at a moments notice when we are going out (my wardrobe is getting better since I have gone from a 32 to an 18/20 -and some 16s :p)
  • hopefully become a consultant
  • oh and I WILL grow old disgracefully :D
There are lots more if I think about it-but they are the ones that sprung to mind...

i am going to go out there and buy TONS of gorgeous sexy underwear and dance around the house in them!! I have so much beautiful underwear (i know i wasnt as big as some people at a 16/18 but it didnt suit me) but i didnt feel comfortable wearing it. Nearly 2 stone down and im starting to feel happier and hopefully i can buy it all in a size 12 in the next 6 months and feel amazing!! :p xxx

coljack i can't believe you havn't been on a date in 12 years!! Is that a confidence thing? sorry if i'm being nosey!

I really want to feel happy in a bikini.... Nothing worse than having a holiday ruined by trying to hide away all the time!
Also I would like to never have another one of those times where get really upset at not having anything to wear.... I've cancelled nights out before because none of my 'going out clothes' fitted

I really look forward to just being generally fitter.... i always get embarressed when i get out of breath going up hills/stairs etc.
I've had problems with my hips/pelvis since during my pregnancy and I look forward to those being better once I've lost weight and there's less pressure :0)

Ooh... just thought I look forward to not having issues with boots being too small for my calves.

yup, 12 years..
It's definitely a confidence thing, I don't go out in public unless I have to and don't like talking to strangers at all because all that runs through my head is what I think that they are thinking about me ( if that makes sense? )
to be honest as well, who'd want to date somone as large as me?

40094-albums2835-picture16898.jpg

I want to learn to ride a horse.

Buy myself a nice pair of jeans..

Own a pair of boots that will go over my calves.

And my big dream go to New York for xmas to see the Rockefella centre's xmas tree.

Dont be to hard on yourself Coljack your time will come and all your hard work will pay off.

dont be silly loads of women love big men. men think women want muscles - i prefer slim guys or chunky guys. james corden is very do-able. i'd love to cuddle up to him and rub baby oil into his belly!!! lol too much info i know!

when i'm slimmer i want to:

- go to theme parks and be able to fit on all the rides :(
- play sports
- have dance lessons
- to wear clothes i want to wear rather than being confined to the disgusting stuff in evans, etc.
- get married to my boyfriend

...and the most important one is to get up the duff

Love the idea of this thread...

When i'm slimmer... (currently pregnant so starts in March!)

• I want to be seen as a yummy mummy & be slim/fit enough to keep up with my kiddies.
  • Want to feel sexy again and feel worthy to my hubby (although he says nothings changed!)
  • Chuck all my maternity clothes away & have a beautiful wardrobe of size 10 clothes (pre-pregnancy size)
  • Wear a bikini on holiday, actually just summer revealing clothes in general
  • Keep the weight off and have some new found confidence (Hopefully!)

O Gosh i could be here all day hehe!! Hopefully we will all achieve what we have put in the future :) xxx

Great thread!

Mine are:
1) Start dating again
2) Take up jogging without my massive frame hurting my knees!
3) Go on a massive shopping spree for a whole new wardrobe, including loads of pretty underwear.
4) To take a summer holiday - I haven't had one since I got back from travelling 5 years ago!
5) To wear dresses in summer without suffering from 'chub-rub'!!

Fab thread this

I am nearing the end of my SW journey, but beginning the rest of my healthier life, with better eating, more exercise and more fun!!

I had a number of goals while on my so far 1 year and 3 month journey.

to have a bunion removed - done!
to have my varicose veins fixed - done!
buy a pair of high boots that fit my calves - done!
fit the above boots wearing jeans INSIDE - done!
to wear a pair of wellies - done!
to buy clothes in a standard fit shop - done!
to buy funkier/sexier undies - done!

I then a few more other goals that are ongoing.

to feel more confident/happier in my own skin.
to keep the weight off.
to not let my body weight be an excuse anymore.
to keep up with the exercise I feel so much better with it.

LASTLY

I would like to something fun/scary and downright out of character. Something like a parachute jump or a bungee jump:eek:

Helen xx

just thought of another one..
4. Go on holiday on a plane and not have to ask for a belt extension or have to have the arm of the seat up...

I think mine is pretty much the same as everyone elses .... to buy clothes in a size 12 ... the day that happens .. i will probably wet myself with excitement!!! (sorry!!) ... Id love to be able to go into shops like Primark and buy something that i liked and not have to look for a size at the back of the rail!!! Only to find that doesnt fit either!!!

Also one other thing that ive been thinking about recently ... Becoming a SW consultant??????/

Good luck everyone xxxx

I dont know to be honest, I dont know much about it at all so I was going to post a thread asking for more details from any consultants on here ...

Back