When is the RIGHT TIME to WI during the day????

Bambalina

Good Morning Ladies & Guys,

Now the reason for this thread is I would like to know the right time to WI.

You see yesterday I weighed myself and I was 11st 10, later I went to the following: 11st 7, 11st 5, 11st 2, 11st11

This morning I weighed myself as soon as I got up (Im sending the scales back to my sister as I know I have a very un healthy obsession with them) and it says 11st 5, this is before I drink anything.

Are there any experts out there who know :D

I dont want to post a loss of xxlbs only for it to fluctuate the following wk and me think a) STS or worse b) ++llbs

Any advise would be most gratefully accepted xx

You should always weigh first thing in a morning before you've eaten or drunk anything :)

Make sure you have your morning toilet trip too!!! :giggle: It all helps!

There is no "right time" to weigh. Pick a time to weigh that fits in with you and what you have going on... the key is to make sure that you weigh that same time every week/month (whatever your preference), and that you try to keep factors the same, e.g. clothing. By keeping as many factors as similar as possible you are more likely to get a true weight reading.

For example I weigh in weekly, my weigh in day is always Saturday, I weigh first thing in the morning after I've had a pee and I get on the scales naked. By controlling as many factors as I can I'm hopefully measuring weight loss as acurately as I can. If I were to suddenly change my weigh in to Saturday evenings the first reading wouldn't be as acurate due to going from weighing on an empty stomach to weighing after a full day of food. However if I stuck to sat evening the following week, that reading would be more acurate because the situation would have more similar factors as the previous week.

Hope this makes sense? x

I weigh myself totally naked too, first thing in the morning after using the toilet. I find much more stable weights this way. Weighing later in the day can work too but i find it is more influenced by how much fluid/food you have had during the day and when you last had a big drink, etc. First thing in the morning removes a lot of variables ;). Also, i'm lightest first thing in the morning which is much more motivating ;).

Good Morning Ladies & Guys,

Now the reason for this thread is I would like to know the right time to WI.

You see yesterday I weighed myself and I was 11st 10, later I went to the following: 11st 7, 11st 5, 11st 2, 11st11

This morning I weighed myself as soon as I got up (Im sending the scales back to my sister as I know I have a very un healthy obsession with them) and it says 11st 5, this is before I drink anything.

Are there any experts out there who know :D

I dont want to post a loss of xxlbs only for it to fluctuate the following wk and me think a) STS or worse b) ++llbs

Any advise would be most gratefully accepted xx

How odd my scales are always lowest first thing in the am after a pee whilst naked
no idea why they would go down
are your scales definitely working?

theres no right time to weigh, but make sure when u do your daily or weekly weigh in that its at the same time of the day as the last time u weighed. everyones weight fluctuates during the day :) x

I wish I had the willpower to weigh each week
As it is I weigh first thing in the morning, after a wee and before I get a bath / dressed
I think the problem is that as you lose weight rapidly the tendancy to overweigh is always there
That said I don't stress if I havent lost - I know things even themselves out and that I may be retaining water or its TOM or something like that
Theres really no right answer to this in my mind
Andrea x

I also weigh on a Saturday morning as that's when I used to do my WW class. But not quite naked, just my jimmy-jams. I don't want to embarass the scales!

Oh no, your pjamas weigh probably half a pound, lol... i can't miss that kind of opportunity for instant weight loss if it arisis ;). On weigh in day i make sure i have a good long shower the night before, exfoliate all over to get rid of skin-weight, shave myself all over, cut my nails, and stop drinking after 8pm to make sure extra water isn't in me the following morning. Can add up to a fair bit ya know ;). OK- i'm not that obsessive, maybe later when i can't shift the last few pounds hehe.

I just dont get this obsession with the scales I really dont. I weigh once a week at my mums and Im fully clothed when I do. It doesnt make a blind bit of difference what you wear so long as youre wearing the same kind of thing every week. Weigh yourself in jeans and a winters coat if you want but wear it every week and the loss will still be the same if youre in that or naked.

I missed my wi last week due to circumstances and looks like Ill miss this weeks too but hey no big deal. I have faith in the diet, I KNOW Ive lost.

I think that's great that you know that you've lost star. There are times I feel as big as I was when I started all this and almost feel a bit of a fraud when shopping for smaller clothes lol. I think it will take a while for my head to catch up.

I also think it's great that you missed a WI and might miss a WI and it doesn't bother you.

I think to explain, from my perspective, the need to WI every day is that it gives me a boost. Ive seen the scale go up once I think. Every other time it's down or STS and that there keeps me going. Even if I was to go up it would spur me onto get it down. I justify it that its once a morning, doesn't make me want to quit and makes me want to go on so that's a good thing for me.

X

See ive done mid week wi's and if its gone up it just really p's me off. You say it spurs you on but on a diet like this if youre sticking to it theres not much more you can do, its not like WW where you can cut back a few points or gain some activity points.

I just think after the first weeks big losses the scales are moving at what 3/4lbs a day thats an average of half a lb a day but lets face it few people lose as neatly as that. I just couldnt stand weighing myself in ounces that would do my head in. Im probably a bit lax when it comes to weighing but I think too many people just take it to extremes and lets face it, it DOESNT help them. If you can honestly have a daily wi and not fuss over the result - brilliant but God there must be DOZENS of threads a week on Minis from people panicing when they havent lost or demoralised when they dont lose fast enough, why put yourself through that.

But then I have to admit Im seeing a growing trend on Minis that few people actually seem happy with their losses no matter how much they lose... but thats a whole other post...

Yeah I see what you mean.

The part about spurring me on I mean, I think to myself 2 pounds down, yay, not going to break this diet. Or STS, ditto.

If my willpower starts to crack I think about that loss or that STS and it stops me from cracking.

But I do see your point. I think if WI every day bothers you even in the slightest then it's not a good thing.

Maybe I do have a slightly similar attitude to you in that I KNOW I will loose irrespective of whether I WI everyday. It's my coping mechanism for when it gets hard?

I totally agree with Starlight. There is no point to weigh yourself more often than once a week. And that's what I do. I just follow the diet as I'm supposed to do. And it works, so far. No, I'm not saying it's easy. It is bloody not. But I do want to lose quite a lot. I'm fed up with being obese. Everything is so damn hard. No nice clothes, hard to walk, sweating like a pig after 5 minutes walk, hard to bend down and pick up anything you dropped and so on.
They say 'if you work this diet, the diet works'. And I believe, it does. I would love to lose faster, sure. To drop 3 stone a month, why not. But c'mon, there is no miracles... I didn't put on all the stones during a few months. I'd worked on it for about 5 years. And went up from size 12 to 24. And since I'm not getting any younger I have no time to mess up with my body any more. I have faith in this diet and I see results.
I don't have anyone to support me but you guys here. Some of you have become my inspiration, your stories, your losses and so on.
So I wish you all good luck! Stay strong, be good to yourself, treat yourself well, treat your body well, diet wise and it all will pay in the very near future.
Love xxx :)

Back