When iv'e finished on cambridge thinking of..

blkpool24

Switching to slimming world to help me maintain..i did sw last year lost 2 stone but got quite bored but loved the diet!

I'm not planning on working up the plan as i just find it would be to difficult to follow and not alot of things i like about it.so i was thinking once i'd done on ss+ planning on coming off after my 12 weeks on it i should pretty much be where i want to be..if i do still have 1/2 stone to a stone to lose ll get it off with sw but i was wondering if anybosy as gone over to any diet club and maintained well ...i know for 1st week or 2 my weight may slightly increase as i'll be adding normal foods but i plan to do this slowly..maybe doing red days for a few weeks on sw..as i think ill be attending a sw for a long time to help me maintain my loss!

Thanks sue x

This is also my plan. So would love to hear from anyone that has made this work.

Lynn --

Who has a maintenance diary is now using Rosemary Conley (I think). There are many maintainers who moved on to WW, SW and RC...
I do think you need something to hold you accountable (at least I do) or you will find yourself slipping back into your old habits and regaining the weight. And, it IS easier to gain weight after a VLCD as your metabolism was slowed down considerably. It does eventually "reset" but that takes quite some time.

MM

Last edited:
I too plan to do this - probably joining WW when I have 1/2stone to lose then hopefully it will come off quite quickly and I'll reach gold membership and not have to pay! Ha.
I definately need that weekly weigh-in and probably always will.

Hi MrsN --

I considered that (and I may still), but in the meantime I have joined Rosemary Conley for the Zumba class (and portion pots). I loved it last week.

MM

I too plan to do this - probably joining WW when I have 1/2stone to lose then hopefully it will come off quite quickly and I'll reach gold membership and not have to pay! Ha.
I definately need that weekly weigh-in and probably always will.

This is what I plan to do. I plan to lose my 100lbs with Cambridge Diet (51lbs down so far), then the last 14lbs I want to lose with WW - so that I will be a gold member, can go once a month, not pay (as long as I've not put on more than 5lbs) and keep on track that way.

Xxx

Good plan isn't it - fingers crossed.

Zumba is ace i go twice a week though haven't since starting Cambridge cos waiting til headaches and that go but will start back next week.

hi :) I tried last year to loose my last 2 stone with SW . I had a 6 month break and managed to loose a little bit but not a lot , although it was a great diet for me to maintain on so I plan to use it when i have finished CD . I am now on the 810 plan as my BMI is 25 but i am not yet at goal , then I will go up again to the 1000 plan for a few weeks before i switch to SW because the way that CD introduces carbs back is very structured it is important to do it the right way or you will gain . SW is a wonderful diet and I knwo i can maintain on it , but I also know that i cannot loose weight on it so wont start it till i am at my goal :)

determinator said:
hi :) I tried last year to loose my last 2 stone with SW . I had a 6 month break and managed to loose a little bit but not a lot , although it was a great diet for me to maintain on so I plan to use it when i have finished CD . I am now on the 810 plan as my BMI is 25 but i am not yet at goal , then I will go up again to the 1000 plan for a few weeks before i switch to SW because the way that CD introduces carbs back is very structured it is important to do it the right way or you will gain . SW is a wonderful diet and I knwo i can maintain on it , but I also know that i cannot loose weight on it so wont start it till i am at my goal :)

That's my plan too Katie. I intend to move up the plans to reintroduce food and carbs to my diet slowly as I reckon if I just stopped CD when I'm near goal I would just binge. But that's just me, I worry that I'll have no control over myself if I don't xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back