Total Solution When life is a little too unmanageable

RachieB

A thin person in disguise
Hi,

Sorry I've not been on here for weeks. I am really struggling with the pressure of my job moving house and the realisation that influential people at work have a problem with my appearance.

All my comfort zones have temporarily disappeared and I have realised that when my home and work life are unsettled, I turn to comfort which, is food. Knowing all of this doesn't help deal with the pressures of my job moving house and being exhausted. I've stopped weighing myself every week as I now know that I retain weight/fluid when I am stressed. I am more stressed about feeling naked without my routine comfort.

These are not excuses to eat but my mindset and focus has gone. I know it's temporary but I just want to eat!!! I've stayed strong but my weight losses have slowed and I am thinking of having a break for a few days and eating until I've moved and life is manageable

Any advise would be great xxxx

Hi Rachie
sorry you've got so much stress going on! Well done for staying strong this far, not easy at all when all your triggers are pushed. Is there any way you can make a plan to have a sensible amount of food/ just have one meal and your shakes/ be strict about portions while still eating the things you want to at the moment? Just thinking that if you can still feel in control then when you're through the stress you'll be able to get back on track easier, and can feel good about having got through it without bingeing! Also you will have learnt a great skill to keep your food under control even when life goes crazy... I think ultimately this is what will keep us all thin!
Good luck, you'll be through this soon!
LED x

Sorry to hear you're having such a stressful time of it - I hate moving house, and really do look forward to the days when I'll be able to stay in one place for longer than a year at a time.

As for the opinions of people at work about your appearance - a) you have already set in place the changes you needed to make in order for you to eventually become happy with your appearance b) if they're lucky, you may still consent to continue working for these numpties once you've achieved that happiness.

Seriously, don't let these people sabotage your ambitions - and don't give them the satisfaction of being right by allowing yourself to put off by them. Instead, focus on how you taking control and changing your eating habits for the better are eventually going to leave them open-mouthed and wondering how in the hell you managed it.

In the meantime though, why don't you fall back on the working solution of three packs + an appropriate meal while you gather together your reserves and start fighting back the stress, get the move completed, and have a settled home life once more?

I agree - a bit of extra food might be just what you need right now to see you through. The pressure to do only the TS or SS options of a VLCD can be counter-productive.

Hi All

Thank you so much for all your supportive responses. I can't believe that I couldn't find the clarity to see exactly what you are saying. I am moving tomorrow do I am going regroup my mind once I've got to the new place and begin to settle.

I know I can do this but having this move in my mind for the last 9 months its really driving me nuts but it's here and I can't wait!!!

Thanks again it has really meant a lot to me. I hope I can be as supportive in return xxx

RachieB said:
Hi All

Thank you so much for all your supportive responses. I can't believe that I couldn't find the clarity to see exactly what you are saying. I am moving tomorrow do I am going regroup my mind once I've got to the new place and begin to settle.

I know I can do this but having this move in my mind for the last 9 months its really driving me nuts but it's here and I can't wait!!!

Thanks again it has really meant a lot to me. I hope I can be as supportive in return xxx

I agree with the advice. Once I had some smoked salmon. It made all the difference, just gave me enough oomph to carry on. House moving is stressful, go with flow, eat a bit of protein, it will all be there waiting or you when you have unpacked some boxes. Enjoy building your new home and not worry, we will all still be here for the next phase.
GSQ

Good luck with your move and the diet :) The last thing you need is added pressure on yourself - I agree with the others - a meal each day will probably get you over this tough time and when you decide to do TS again, the weight will fall off.

Take care

Lesley xx

I missed you sweetie :( well done for staying strong all this time! I think you need to do as others suggest and add a small meal to your packs - or have a few small healthy meals a day so you are not feeling so deprived while dealing with all this stress! You have done great so far and you will get there in the end and as for those idiots you work with - who gives a fig what they think? Like their life is sooooooo perfect - bah people are always quick to judge! Hugs n love to you hun, keep your chin up and I hope you will soon be settled in your new home ;)

Back