When out for lunch

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
what sort of things to you choose to eat?

This is where I struggle the most, as nowhere seems to have options that I can have for free on the slimming world diet.

I haven't even noticed one of those jacket potatoes places. It is all burgers, fries etc or so it seems.

I don't mind if something is low syns, as I am prepared to use those, but don't want to use my weeks syns on one lunch lol.

We are off shopping in the US today which is the reason I ask. Normally I have my lunch before, but we are leaving earlier today. I suppose I could make up something and bring it with me, but the border are pretty funny about bring in foods to the US.

Hun I always go for the grilled chicken options, or roast chicken and ask for side salads with no dressing and swerve the chips or take a plain rice option if there is one.

Or go sushi for lunch! :D

It's the only way :(

Where about in Ontario are you? We have friends who live in Brights Grove and they "pop over to the States" for shopping - are you near there? Love visiting them - the beach is fab and the weather so amazing in the summer *sigh* and shopping in the states is soo cheap! M
We actually seriously thought about moving last year before the recession hit!

I had some sushi in the end, crab stick ones and then a big tub of fresh melon mmmmmmm.

Any ideas on the approx syn value on the sushi?

I also bought some fat free yoghurts, really yummy flavours such as banana cream pie, boston cream pie, shortberry shortcake etc, which were on offer. I was hoping they would be syn free but the syn calculator is telling me 2 syns grrrrrrrr. Oh well 2 syns is not much.

Also found some yummy cereal bars under 100 calories (5 syns), so they will be nice for treats and fat free pringles under 70 calories for 14 (about 4.5 syns???)

Got a huge fillet of salmon too really cheap, which I am going to cut up into single portions. I have a thing for salmon at the minute, probably will be sick of it after all that is gone lol.

Oh and Daisyboo we are in South West Ontario right near the Detroit, Michigan border. Not sure where Bright Grove is, will have to google.

Back