When Physical Meets Mental

KramRolyat

I'm just starting Day 11 of this diet.

I'm more than impressed with my first weeks weight loss and more than impressed with the shrinkage I can easily see in my stomach and chest...

BUT, who knew there was a but coming come on hands up......I appear to not be one of the fortunate people who stop feeling seriously hungry.

The first week was a real struggle physically. Headaches for days, serious hunger pains like I've never felt before, shaking and other things....but mentally I was strong and knew it had to be done.

When it came to WI this Monday gone I was seriously doubting if I could do it...still feeling hungry at 4:00pm and then again only 30 minutes after my evening meal...so mentally struggling..until the weighin

Then WOW...measured myself before weighin and had lost losts of CM's...weighin then showed a 12lb loss so great really pumped again...also got introduced to the vegetable stock type drink (can't spell boullin) for those 4:00pm hungers.

but number 2.....I'm still getting seriously hungry in the evening everyday...I'm limiting the veg drink to one a day but a stronger flavour as that's how I like it....but still hungry shortly after I finish it..

The end of day 10 was like the end of day 3, painfully hungry.

Then this morning I'm at that point where the mental and the physical have happened at th same time....physically very hungry and mentally not knowing if I can do it....

I weighed myself to get the kick to say see it's worth it...ut oh...only down 1lb since Monday evening which projects forward to something like just over 2lb for the week if the trend continues...I'm aware you can't really base it on that but that's the mental thing.

As a guy, even having lost a really good weight even compared to others on this diet in week 1, I need to see 3 weeks in a row of good loss to get me mentally through this...

I need 4lb or 5lb the this week and next to prepare for that time where it is 2lb or 1lb for that one week and then goes back to more.....

2lb this week would mentally kill me.

Have you tried spliting your 4 packs into 8 and spreading them out through the day. Also are you drinking enough water?
The vegetable drink does help me as well, I sometimes have 2 day but no more.

Stick with it Mark you will see results there's no doubt about that.

To be honest it would be too difficult to split the packs and spread them whilst at work....and I'm not hungry until 4:00pm.

What I am going to do is try a different approach next week and have ordered my meals to suit that.

At the moment I get wo work around 7:00/7:15 after a 30 minute journey...drink a large mug of water, have a tetra...a tetra around 13:00 and then two soups in the evening and the meals I have purchased are geared around that.

From next Tuesday I will be:

Shake on the way to work
Tetra at lunch time
Tetra around 3:30
Soup in the evening

Hopefully that will make a difference.

Good idea - if you're not hungry until 4 how about just having water and coffee until 1pm? Keep at it - you can't fail to drop the weight!

Stay away from the scales!!! Weigh weekly on your CDC's scales or else you are going to get hung up on jumping on and off them.

You are looking at 1lb loss so far from last WI and saying well at most then it'll be 2lb by Monday. Our bodies don't work like that .... sometimes you lose pounds and pounds - other times less .... BUT if you stick to the diet 100%, drink the water, you will lose at least (and men lose more) a stone per month. I never include 1st week in that statistic .. as 1st week is glycogen loss. So from this weeks WI until 4weeks time you WILL lose at least 14lb+ ....

Well fingers crossed on the numbers....if I wasn't feeling so hungry it would be easier...stupid statement that hey.

Hi Mark

Firstly - congrats on such a great loss in Week 1!!! I agree with what was said above about drinking loads of water. Personally I don't like the tetras and find they don't fill me - would you be able to invest in a hand mixer (Tescos and Sainsburys do them for around £3 odd) and make a shake or soup up at work???? I find these much more filling than the tetras. Good luck with your continued journey!

I have weeks when I have only lost 1lb when I have ss 100%, then the week after its 6lb off.
I got very hung up at first when I read peoples losses of 5 and 6lb each week.
Now I`m looking at the bigger picture of an average 1 stone a month and trusting in the diet. I am a happy to just see a loss ( even when I would like it to be more lol)

Stick with it.

Hiya - I'm on my second week (Hi Mark ;) hope you don't mind me hijacking your post!)

I also have only lost 1lb since the day before I weighed. I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh, but this week (and probably next) I am.... BUT reading your post Sazzy has made me feel much better. I'm prepared to give it and other 3 weeks (that'll be a 5 weeks in total) to see if I lose a stone (not including 1 weeks weigh in), and take it from there. Luckily (again, sorry Mark!) I'm not that hungry and 90% of the time loving the diet. Although, could have KILLED for a slice of toast last night! Is it wrong to be jealous of my cat who is getting fed more and more to make up for me not eating :D

Sha
xx

Hi Mark,

Stick with it. I know its tough but if losing weight was easy then none of us would be here in the first place. CD is the fastest way to lose your weight safely, and whether it comes off at 2lb a week or 5lb a week, the important thing is that you are doing something about your weight problem and will get there in the end.

Remember, its not a race, its a journey. If you stay on track you will get to your destination. Please persevere. Like you I lost 12lb in week one, but then only 2lb in week 2, I have now lost 51lb in 12 weeks and I cant begin to tell you how much better I feel for having lost that weight

Also, after 2nd Wi you will be allowed the bars which have really helped me. They are very filling and very convenient and I really look forward to having one each day.

As others have said, if you are not hungry at all in the morning, then dont have your first pack till lunchtime - just get through the morning with water and coffee. And lots of early nights really will help you until the hunger starts to subside.

Sorry - that turned into a bit of a long post - but please dont give up. Not yet. You deserve to be slim and live a healthy life.

Mark;

I never lost less than 4lbs a week, though my own scales often led me to believe that I was doing. In the end I ditched my scales because I decided that it did not matter what any scales said during the week, all that mattered was what the LLC's scales said on Sunday afternoon.

I suffered like you are for about 12-14 days. All of a sudden I was getting to mid-afternoon with no problems.

One thing that helped me is that I stopped thinking about meal-times, referring to things as breakfast, lunch etc. I also stopped thinking of the packs as food. With the best will in the world I cannot believe that anyone really thinks of these things as "food", nice though some of them are. They are just "sustenance", what is needed to keep the bod going whilst losing weight.

What I ended up doing was having the packs in two two's, one at about 6pm the other at about 9pm. The rest of the day I just drank water .... lots of water .... and occasionally a bouillon or two.

The rules are 4 packs a day. There is no rule on spacing them out from what I remember.

Steve.

Steve...interesting stuff....I'll go for the spliting technique next week and if that doesn't work I'll try pairing lol.

hi mark

i can totally sympathise with you on this one - in the first two weeks i had a great loss and then a not so great loss, i also had my boyf loosing loads every week - i had time when i though, i am ok, a bit overweight, i love my food - i am going to stop this but you know what I am so so much happier now than i have been in years, i am not at my goal yet but i can get into a size smaller, i feel lighter on my feet, fitter - i can write down how grea ti actually feel and all the hunger pangs and general feelings or is this worth it - was well worth it!

Back