When the scales say Err!

Thanks V,

truth be told, its my hubbys birthday on 30th March (12 weeks away) and I'd quite like to get to below 20st by then. That would be a brill presetn for hijm. He never nags me about my weight. In fact he's just texted me to say Hello gorgeous but I know he'd love me to be slimmer. After all he married a 12 stone woman and now he's got twice as much.

Looking at LT view that you can be losing stone a month would get me there.
Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Thanks V,

truth be told, its my hubbys birthday on 30th March (12 weeks away) and I'd quite like to get to below 20st by then. That would be a brill presetn for hijm. He never nags me about my weight. In fact he's just texted me to say Hello gorgeous but I know he'd love me to be slimmer. After all he married a 12 stone woman and now he's got twice as much.

Looking at LT view that you can be losing stone a month would get me there.
Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Hey Dusty,

You want to have a look @ the sticky note from betsy think its called my personnel opion (not to sure tho) she started off at 22st i think and lost 10st in 8 months thats def amazing, wishing you all the best/luck for your weight goal for your hubbys bday :D

Hey Dusty,

First of all a huge well done for your first weigh in 16lbs is an amazing achievement and brilliant to spur you on to week two and hopefully now you know you can do this! I started back in October and honestly its the best thing ive ever done and for me it just got easier and easier as time went on.... having goals definitely helped me but i did it by getting through a stone at a time... by breaking it down into little bits like that they were achievable short term goals.
In 12 weeks i lost nearly 5.5 stones dropped 3 dress sizes, then i had a break for 3 weeks over christmas and still lost a pound so proved to myself that I can maintain.
Now im back again and ready to finish off what I started and get down to 10st. Come and join the valentines day challenge and use that as another goal if you like to spur you on and get you over a month into 100%.

Big well done again hun and keep up the great work xx

Hey Dusty,

First of all a huge well done for your first weigh in 16lbs is an amazing achievement and brilliant to spur you on to week two and hopefully now you know you can do this! I started back in October and honestly its the best thing ive ever done and for me it just got easier and easier as time went on.... having goals definitely helped me but i did it by getting through a stone at a time... by breaking it down into little bits like that they were achievable short term goals.
In 12 weeks i lost nearly 5.5 stones dropped 3 dress sizes, then i had a break for 3 weeks over christmas and still lost a pound so proved to myself that I can maintain.
Now im back again and ready to finish off what I started and get down to 10st. Come and join the valentines day challenge and use that as another goal if you like to spur you on and get you over a month into 100%.

That is an amazing weight loss for 12 weeks I hope to god i can do as goo as you, what were you doing on top of your 3 sjakes and water?

That is an amazing weight loss for 12 weeks I hope to god i can do as goo as you, what were you doing on top of your 3 sjakes and water?

Hey slimmerplz,

I am an outdoor long distance swimmer, so i swim without fail every other day, I have two active jobs where i am on my feel all day and i am now training to do a triathalon and yoga.

But at the beginning i mainly just stuck to the shakes and the water with complete rigidity! I didnt so much as sniff any other food etc for that 12 weeks and also drank enough water to sink the titanic! (which helps a lot)

The biggest test for me was over christmas as i was terrified of piling loads on, but i made good decisions most of the time, i had some treats and had a great time... so to find out i managed to maintain and lose a lb shows i have changed my attitude to wards food which was a massive victory for me.

Good luck with your journey hun im sure you will do great xx

Great job Dusty! The mini-goals are awesome. Meant to tell you - take your measurements. They are a fantastic motivator. You would be shocked what you can lose in inches every 2 weeks. Good luck with week 2! You can do this!

Hey Dusty,

You want to have a look @ the sticky note from betsy think its called my personnel opion (not to sure tho) she started off at 22st i think and lost 10st in 8 months thats def amazing, wishing you all the best/luck for your weight goal for your hubbys bday :D

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm constantly looking at Betsy story as our starting stats are very similar and her story is such an inspiration. Not sure I could fit the level of exercise in she did though as I tend to work 10 hours a day so rest of my time is for my family. But never say never......

Hey Dusty,

Thanks very much peach pip (what a great user name!). Your stats are a great encouragement, as is your pic. you look amazing.

I've joined the valentines challenge, so I'm already 16lb into losing 28lb :)(think i might up my on that thread).
how much do you think all the exercise you do through your swimming helped with your weight loss?

Great job Dusty! The mini-goals are awesome. Meant to tell you - take your measurements. They are a fantastic motivator. You would be shocked what you can lose in inches every 2 weeks. Good luck with week 2! You can do this!

Measurements :cry: I've not measured my waist since I was 16 and it was 26". Bu**er is I thought that was huge because my best mates waist was 22" (but she was only 5ft 1"). Now if my waist was 26" I'd buy one of those belts like a measuring tape so everyone could see! Thanks for the support

Dusty67 said:
Thanks very much peach pip (what a great user name!). Your stats are a great encouragement, as is your pic. you look amazing.

I've joined the valentines challenge, so I'm already 16lb into losing 28lb :)(think i might up my on that thread).
how much do you think all the exercise you do through your swimming helped with your weight loss?

Aww thanks hun thats so nice, r.e exercise...Hmmm quite honestly not sure but I've seldom had a bad week loss wise and when I say bad week I mean 4lbs! Swimming is an amazing sport for fitness and weight loss, and if you have a lot to lose it puts no strain on the bones etc so it does help but on another note its all fun, relieves boredom, tones your body, gets you fitter and healthier, and sets you up for when you get to goal as exercise is a must for maintaining. xx

Well another day nearly over!

Woke up feeling sick today. Had to sit down for a while before getting in shower :jelous: Was a bit like a hangover. Think i might have been dehydrated though. While i was doing hair and make up I drank two big glasses of water of sickness wore off before I got to work.

I'd woken up in night to go to the toilet (ah the joys of LT) and felt really thirsty but couldn't be bothered going down stairs to get glass of water. Lesson learned. I think I'll keep a bottle of water by the bed in future!

Food wise cravings much better and hunger pangs few and far between. Though nearly cried dishing up naan bread with curry to family for tea. Bread is really my down fall. Before LT I'd have two slices of taost for breakfast, make two slices of toast before starting cooking tea. Some time eat two slices of bread and butter whist cooking, especially if it was chilli or curry or casserole and I could dip the bread in, just to check the taste of course! Then I'd have two slices of toast before bed.

So whilst it is difficult to cook tea and not eat, I'm learning that I can cook a meal and not stuff my face at the same time!

I think it's really hard when you have others to cook for as it just rubs in the fact that you can't eat.I have the same problem at home too,for 2 daysin a row I've cooked meals I love for my family and it's been soooo hard,but it makes us realise the times that we don't need extra food.You're doing great hun x

Thanks Twinkle!

Friday night is usually chinese take-away night in our house but last week hubby was really sick after his curry so he doesn't want a take-away for a while. That helps me in some way but still means I've got to cook.

for the first week of LT, I managed to avoid cooking and threw a bit of a hissy if I was asked too! However, I've got to learn to come in the "normal" world if I want to keep this weight off after LT, and in the normal world I'm head chef in our house, whilst hubby is chief mechanic and gardner! So, I've this week I decided that i had to start the cooking again. Tell you what, I've been amazed at how often I reach for food or go to take a mouthfull while I am cooking. Its been a bit of any eye opener for me and might go someway to explaining why I've ended up like this. Now I keep a large class of iced water on the side and divert my hand there every time it goes for food!

Just keeping swimming!

It's hard making food for the family isn't it. Thankfully I've not had to do that to much so far. I did make sandwiches for school lunch twice last week and cooked one tea though. I got through, but like you, it made me realise how often I'd go for just that little nibble!

Like you say 'just keep swimming!'. :D xx

Saturday went quite well. Every weekend me and hubby go out somewhere on a saturday (Trafford Centre, Cheshire Oaks, local town centre) for a walk round and a coffee. We don't buy much, after all I can only shop in one shop! Its just nice to have time together!

So, sat in coffee shop, with water not latte, I asked him about the time he gave up smoking. He packed in for good about 9 years ago after being a 40-a-day man (he started smoking at age 13). I've never asked him about what he went through when he packed in because I was too ashamed of my own addiction that I couldn't control!

Anyway, he said the strong cravings lasted about 10 weeks before starting to diminish. He said that even now there are time when he could murder a cig! I felt quite humbled by this. Here's me feeling a bit sorry for my self that after two weeks I still miss food. I was feeling sorry for myself that I don't think I'll ever not miss having a muffin/cake with my coffee or restraining myself every time I pass mcdonalds in the morning. What I've got to do is have his attitude.

If I want to beat this addiction that is making my life a misery, then I've got to accept this is a life style change. I can't go back to eating and drinking the things I used to and I've got to learn new habits. Who knows, with a big weight loss my fitness should improve and we might even take up walking in the country as opposed to round shopping centres!

Just keeping swimming!

Dusty

Wow what a great attitude - keep up the good work.

How are you doing today Dusty?
I totally agree with HockeyNut,great attitude xxxx

Hey chick, I`m taking a bit of that attitude with me today if thats ok Dusty? I think your gonna beat this and totally blast the weight NO problemoooo...:D Well done!! Food addiction is THE hardest to battle.. cos we need food to fuel our bodies... unlike ciggies or alcohol which we our bodies dont need to survive..... So I admire your resolve hun... keep it up :D Love to you L xxxx

Hey dusty as long as you make changes overall to the things you eat and your lifestyle I.e the exercise you will be able to have those things again just not all the time .... You just have to balance out the good and bad xx

Wow what a great attitude - keep up the good work.

Thanks very much Hockey-nut. I find great inspration from reading stories (like yours) of those who have successfully stayed on LT and lost significant amounts of weight. Hope you're having good day

Back