When the scales say Err!

You've done so well up to now!!! You should soon get any weight gained during your mad week off and then it's onwards and downwards for summer.

I'll be driving through the bonnie lands of Scotland in three weeks. Hopefully will be able to take a halt in tweeza land :fingerscrossed:

definately Jane would be good to catch up with you xx

Isn't it a pain how our emotions are so closely linked to our eating.

Had stupid row with husband at midnight last night over the fact that there was no milk. Somehow this is my fault!! Lost it with him this morning when i got up and found the milk he couldn't find last night. So left for work in an absolutely blazing temper.
I have to drive past mcdonalds on the way to work and the urge to call in for a breakfast was really strong.
Then when i got to work someone had made piles of toast for everyone and in the staff room there were loads of cream eggs left over from before the holiday, and again it was a real struggle not to give in.
Not because I wanted one but because I was still in such a temper!

I had to really tell myself that the person i'd be hurting by eating was me not him.

So, I went to the beauticians this afternoon and hurt his wallet instead by getting my toes done. :sign0151:

Start Weight 24 stone!
Week 1 22st 12lb.......-16lb
Week 2 22st 5lb........- 7lb
Week 3 22st 3lb.........-2lb
Week 4 21st 13lb.......-4lb
Two stone gone in four weeks
Week 5 21st 8lb.........-5lb
Week 6 21st 7lb.........-1lb
Week 7 21st 0lb.........-7lb
3 stone gone in 7 weeks
Week 8 20st 12lb.......-2lb
Week 9 20st 9lb.........-3lb
Week 10 20st 6lb.......-3lb
Week 11 20st 3lb.......-3lb
Week 12 20st............-3lb
Four stone gone in 12 weeks!! :happy036:

Goals
Be the lightest I've been this year
Get below 23st :checkmark: Done
Be the lightest I was in 2011
Get below 22st :checkmark:Done
Be the lightest I was in 2010
Get below 21st:checkmark:Done

I'm putting this in as a post because I'm going to edit my signature to reflect the next part of my LT journey, but I don't want to lose the chance to look back at what I did in phase 1
:)

lol love the getting your toes done instead post Dusty ! :p

Haha! Love that you got your toes done and hurt his wallet :D Much better than eating. Good on you! :)

When are you weighing in nowadays Jane? :) xx

hi Jayne,

I'm weighing in on Thursdays but been on holiday so got stuff left over and won't be weighing until next Thursday now. My own scales (which are pretty much same as chemists) say 3lb off this week though. Please with that because after my Brighton break I was plus 4lb. So in total I'm 7lb down this week, but not counting the +4

Roll on Thurs and a fab loss :) Well done :) xx

I'm really struggling the past two days. Yesterday I ate some pizza and today some mini eggs! I didn't even enjoy the chocolate so why am I doing it??

I've got down to this weigth before and faced the same problems. I get to below 20 st and then seem so sbaotage and then gradually put it all backon. It's like I'm on self destruct! Is it because I don't think I can do it? Is it beacuse I'm scared. Why?

So annoyed with myself at the minute.

It's all down to you to get a grip Dusty. Come on!

What you have lost so far is great - it really is. Just think about the next 4st - that will show up even more and you damn well know you can do it! It all boils down to how much you want to and I can't imagine anyone that has done 3 months and 4st is a pushover.

Give yourself a big pat on the back for hitting your first target then concentrate on that second one. You can get that next 2st without even thinking about it. Be happy and determined after all your hard work, not down and angry for having a blip now.

This last week for me has been the worse by far for wanting to eat as I haven't really had an appetite until now. What makes it worse is that I'm pretty much around where I wanted to be weight-wise and all losses from now I just consider as a bonus. It really would be easy for me to say 'ok, i'm there, time for a refeed' but I said I'd go another week after this one and I'm determined I'll do so.

The thought of throwing it away now bothers me and I've not done nearly as well as you Dusty so I can only imagine how you would feel to fall now. I think you just need to get through this patch and break that mental block you seem to think you have.

I'm rooting for you. Good luck. :)

Don't dwell on this, what is done is done, move on from it and treat it as a new start, worst case scenario is that your weight may be a lb more than it would have been. Big deal. You have done brilliantly, we all have little cheats or bad days, the point is to keep going. If you are cheating because you are hungry, have fish/ chicken, if its because you are bored, get out of the house and walk. Clear your head and think about your first post.
I ate in Madrid, nice but my life wasn't enriched! Look at all your positive posts, you can and will get back to that frame of mind.

MEANDPETE.JPGJPEG Jane's Photo.jpg
Thanks Mr C and Patches mum for your words of encouragement. I'm feeling loads more in control and opptamistic today.
Yesterday just blind sided me cos I though I'd broke the cycle of being out of control. Just shows that you need to be ever vigilant!

I've been stuck in the cycle of lose weight, feel better, relaxe, put the weight back on for years now, amd yesterday I jsut felt like i was trapped there forever.

Anyway, I've been through some old photos to try and motivate myself. First photo is off me at around 21lb heavier than I am today, second photograph I'm about 21lb lighter than I am today. Both photos were taken on holiday. 1st one about four years ago, second on on Millennium eve! I've not been the weight I am in the second photo since that night (in other words ...for a century). So I've printed them both out and stuck them on my office wall to spurr me on.

Thanks again Mr C and Patched mum, and to my diet "sister" for the encouragement last night!

Onwards and downwards.

Dusty

Aw Dusty...it's so hard! I'm usually a giver upper....if i think i can't or won't win i think 'what's the point'! Well the point is it's only me i'm letting down when i give up....and it's only me who's getting bigger!!! I'm on day 29 and getting weighed today...I cannot believe i have lasted this long....there have been days when i could have just cracked and ate anything....but i really dug deep and got passed it! I wasn't hungry i just wanted to eat.....i knew if i did this i would hate myself and have to start from scratch again....Hell week all over again!!! NO WAY lol

and what your son said about you losing weight.....that really made me fill up!!! what goes on in their wee minds!

Just keep swimming swimming swimming......x

Aw Dusty...it's so hard! I'm usually a giver upper....if i think i can't or won't win i think 'what's the point'! Well the point is it's only me i'm letting down when i give up....and it's only me who's getting bigger!!! I'm on day 29 and getting weighed today...I cannot believe i have lasted this long....there have been days when i could have just cracked and ate anything....but i really dug deep and got passed it! I wasn't hungry i just wanted to eat.....i knew if i did this i would hate myself and have to start from scratch again....Hell week all over again!!! NO WAY lol

and what your son said about you losing weight.....that really made me fill up!!! what goes on in their wee minds!

Just keep swimming swimming swimming......x

THANKS LITTLE FLOWER.

Hi Dusty, I love your photos huni, I was feeling a little low yesterday and I found re-reading my diary really helped maybe you could try it? Dont forget our May Challenge we can do this :)

Thanks Daisy.

I did go back and reread my diary last night and that really helped. you forgte about the journey you've been on sometimes.

I also dug out some clothes that fit ok but with another half stone of will look great. So, i'm not going to wear them till I've lost that half stone. Then I'll feel great.

Interestingly I also found the dress from Millennium eve (its amazing what we keep, no wonder my huuby has no room in his wardrobes ;)). So I'll be aiming to get back in that soon!

I use that old trick too Dusty, I have two outfits hanging on the wardrobe now, I stare at them before I sleep and when I wake I cant wait to wear them. I remember from last time I did L.T that I had down days when I was overwhelmed by the weeks ahead, but I also know the feelings always past and I was so glad I didnt give into them. You are doing a fantastic job :D

Keep swimming.... and keep ya chin up... look how far you`ve come MRS!!!! wow! and may I say what a good looking woman you are too.... lovin the piccies and your boys are a credit to you too. Well done Dusty!! XXX

SHE'S BACK!!! :D

Dusty, I have to say I've seen people look far worse for being overweight but picture 2 and your 'millenium' dress must surely be your inspiration for this stretch. Diaries, photos, dresses - you've got all the tricks so use them and get back to the shedding pounds business.

Good news and good luck. :)

SHE'S BACK!!! :D

Dusty, I have to say I've seen people look far worse for being overweight but picture 2 and your 'millenium' dress must surely be your inspiration for this stretch. Diaries, photos, dresses - you've got all the tricks so use them and get back to the shedding pounds business.

Good news and good luck. :)

That's the "joy" of being 6ft tall....you do carry weight spread out!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Back