When to eat...

herewego

Gold Member
Hi all,

I am on day one today and am trying to plan my day.

I'm on SS but my CDC suggested that I had 4 shakes per day for the first few days until I get in ketosis.

I'm not sure how to space them out though. Also, I'm worried that it will take me a lot longer to get into ketosis if I have 4 shakes as I'm obviously adding more carbs to my day...

How do you space your meals out?

I was thinking of having a shake now (8am), some porridge at midday, maybe a shake late afternoon and then a "hot chocolate" this evening. Does that sound about right?

I'm not sure how I'd manage on just 3 a day but I guess it will get easier once I get used to it.

Thanks!

Alli x

As someone who is on day three of diet and started with 3 shakes, if I was having 4 I would aim for
9am
12.30pm
4pm
8pm
hope that helps.

agree with Tinka, but it depends when you normally get your hungry time if you are a nightime eater then leaving them all till a bit later may be better.

We all have them at different times depending on what fits in.

another way you could do it is splitting your 3 shakes in half so you have 6 mini 'meals' if you are worried about having 4 shakes a day
Good luck on your journey

HTH
xxx

the ketosis on CD is helped by the lower carbs, but also by the fact its under 800 calories too. 4 shakes will not stop you achieving a really good weight loss on CD.

I usually advise people starting to buy in an extra few shakes for the first few days, better to have that extra shake than be miserable, hungry and come off plan.

I usually have my shakes

B: between 6 - 8 am
L: between 12 - 2pm
D: 5 - 6:30 pm

HTH

Hi herewego,

I had 4 shakes for the first week, I definately found it made things a lot easier.
Its better to have an extra shake than to find it too hard and go off plan. I lost 8 pounds in the first week with 4 shakes, so you can still achieve a good weightloss. I also found it really easy to drop to 3 when I was in ketosis, as I wasn't really hungry anymore.
I used to have them as follows:
1 in the morning (so whenever you want your breakfast)
1 around 1 o'clock ish
1 around 6 o'clock ish
and then if I wanted another (my most difficult time at the beginning was evening, so I saved it until a bit later on), I had mine between 8 o'clock and 10 o'clock at night...

Hope this helps a little

Hi Liz,

It's great to know that it worked for you to have 4 shakes at the beginning! I'm aiming for a similar schedule to yours and hope that eventually I'll be able to drop the late night drink. Evenings are definitely my downfall so it's good to know that an extra shake then won't ruin my progress!

Day one is going well so far. I've had my lunch and even though the Tetra pack was tiny it's filled me up and I'm not at all hungry. Long may it continue!!

Thanks again!

Alli x

Back