When to refeed?

LondonIrishOllie

Pensively Posting
Hi,

I'm brand new to this site.. as of last night in fact..

I am gonna start this diet in 2 weeks.. well thats the plan, going to pharmacy for 1st time tomorrow.. Quick question.. when do you do refeeding? its like going off the diet in a way yea? is it when you reach your target weight?

Im so new to this Im a bit stupid!!

You can start when you reach your target weight, or your chemist may suggest it to you as you get closer to it. :)

My chemist started talking about refeed to me about 3 weeks before I started it, so I ordered the free samples ready and kept them in the drawer so I had them in already.

Good luck on the LT train hon, you won't regret it...... specially when you realise that clothes are just too darn big :)

OOOOOOOoooh a good hint for just starting, measure yourself first!

I only did my waist which I regret now, but I lost 9 inches in 14 weeks!!!!

If I had thought about it I would have measured hips, bust, thighs and upper arms lol.

Plus I think you are being really sensible waiting till after christmas to start it. It's a tough 3/4 days in the beginning and at christmas time I think it would just be too hard....... for me anyway :)

Hi Ollie,

Refeed is indeed for when people reach their target weight or if they are planning to have a break from LT eg for a holiday.

The point of it is to reintroduce carbs slowly in a planned way over a week so that you don't over fill your glycogen stores and put on a lot of fluid weight.

When I started they gave me the refeed notes as it is important right from the start to be aware that if you want to come of the LT you need to do it planned if you want to avoid the disappointment of a sudden weight gain x

:) thanks to both of you for the information.. just getting prepared well in advance!! dont want any nasty suprises!! :)

Cant wait to throw away some bigger clothes and start buying some nice work suits and stuff! :)

Back