When to start RTM?

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by SerenityValley, 15 November 2008 Social URL.

1. SerenityValley

SerenityValley Surgically happy.

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(50.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Gastric bypass
    I've had it in my mind that I want to hit goal before I start RTM (and if when I get to goal I find I still have more to lose, I would be continuing abstinence).

I know some folk have started RTM before hitting goal, with the intention of losing more during RTM.

Which is the more common?

To be honest, I can't see me starting RTM before being happy with my weight, as I've wanted to be thin for too long to start rtm a few weeks earlier but it would be interesting to know what the "norm" is.

thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Andy

I started my RTM earlier than I planned. I have now changed to weight watchers to finsh off because I am happy with how I look now and although I want to lose a little more it is not the be all and end all... I have maintained so far (apart from a couple of pounds of glycogen when I came out of ketosis). It is a very individual decision... go with your heart :)

4. Cherry Plum

Cherry Plum One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    I also wanted to hit my goal before starting on rtm.
    I would have liked to have lost another half a stone, but I felt I had reached the end of the road in abstinence, so I changed my goal.
    If you can keep going until you get to where you are happiest, that will be better for you.
    I did hope I would lose more in rtm, but I didn't follow it properly, others I know who did follow it, achieved better results.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.