Cruise PV When will I lose on Cruise?

treesandcats

Hi, I started the Dukan Diet on 11/09/11. I did 6 days on Attack and lost 8lbs which I was really pleased with. When I started on Cruise the next day I began with a PV day but the next day I put 1lb on. I was fine with this as after reading the book and on here I knew this may happen.

I am now on day 11 of the diet and 5 days since starting cruise but I am still only 8 lbs down so no loss effectively since I finished attack. I am doing 1 day PV, 1 day PP.

I am following this diet to the letter. I have 1 boiled a day with chicken. My lunches are chicken or if on PV chicken and a bit of green veg such as brocoli, pepper, courgette and some onion, mushroom and passatta sauce. I also have extra lean mince and turkey also. I have had my daily portion of oatbran and a minimum of 1.5ltrs of water if not more. I do a minimum of 20 mins of exercise a day.

Now I do use sweetner and a few drops of lemon juice when I make my oatbran pancake but only 1 tbsp max of sweetner.

Is is normally for the weight loss to slow right down when moving from Attack to Cruise?

I should have been on a PV day today but decided to do an extra PP day as I find them easy when I am at work.

Here is what I ate today to give you an example.

Breakfast - 200gms chicken, black decaf coffee with 1 sweetner, 600ml water.

Lunch - chicken, 600 ml water

Dinner, turkey stirfry using a few sprays of frylight which is 1 cal per spray. Used some garlic powder and buillion to flavour, 600 ml water.

Snack - 1 dukan pancake madewith 2tbls oatbran, 2 tbls fromaige fraise, sweetner, 1 egg white.

Any ideas people?

I am currently weighing myself everyday.

Hope you experienced dukaners can help me out.

Thanks

Try not to weigh yourself every day. I was doing this and seeing a drop every day in Attack then went onto Cruise and was gaining. I now only weigh myself once a week and it is going down! :)

Frankly, at your weight, it is unusual not to lose anything at all on five days of Cruising...

Many factors could be causing this, other than you food intake, such as your TOTM, "transit" issues, eating overly salty food and retaining water, etc.

From what you've posted above, I see no problem (other than the strong likelihood of sickening yourself of poultry if you eat it so frequently!).

Otherwise, your "buillon" cube(?) - is it low salt? Try to find them if you can. Your fromage frais is fat free?

Actually, you mightn't even be eating enough given your weight. Check out our recipe section, and other people's menus in the menu thread, and try to vary a little more. Adding in extra PP days at this stage of the game isn't a good idea.

Persist and the weight will come off! Hang in there
x

Last edited:
Try not to worry - some other factor. like totm, may be temporarily masking an underlying weight loss.

Frankly, at your weight, it is unusual not to lose anything at all on five days of Cruising...

Many factors could be causing this, other than you food intake, such as your TOTM, "transit" issues, eating overly salty food and retaining water, etc.

From what you've posted above, I see no problem (other than the strong likelihood of sickening yourself of poultry if you eat it so frequently!).

Otherwise, your "buillon" cube(?) - is it low salt? Try to find them if you can. Your fromage frais is fat free?

Actually, you mightn't even be eating enough given your weight. Check out our recipe section, and other people's menus in the menu thread, and try to vary a little more. Adding in extra PP days at this stage of the game isn't a good idea.

Persist and the weight will come off! Hang in there
x

Hi, thanks for your replies.

All my yoghurts and fromaige frais are fat free but the buillion is just the standard one in the green and orange tub.

My TOTM started on day 2 of attack and I lost 8lbs in the first week so I know it is not that.

Tomorrow will be my 14th day on dukan and 6 days after I finished attack and still no further weight loss. I am sticking at 14st 8lbs. My starting weight was 15st 2lb.

I am however still very motivated as I am definately losing fat from my waist, I think about 2 inches in places so this is keeping me going. Just need to see some more weight come off also to spur me on.

I have started to by more extra lean mince and steak rather than just chicken and today I had fish for the 1st time, some cod but I do not really like fish and wont be having it again.

Well will keep at it. I guess even if after 2 weeks I am still at the 8lb loss mark that is still pretty good for 2weeks.

Thanks for your support.

well today is my 14th day on dukan and I have lost 9.2 lbs so still really happy with that. Not long until my 1st stone hopefully.

Congratulations on the weight loss and good that you've started losing again. I'm only on day 5 so still quite new to it (though the book is my food bible!) and read an interesting thread on here about which foods help to boost weight loss and was intrigued that beef seems to be the magic food - maybe the fact that you've started eating steak has helped?

Good luck - not long and you'll be at that golden stone mark :)

Congratulations on the weight loss and good that you've started losing again. I'm only on day 5 so still quite new to it (though the book is my food bible!) and read an interesting thread on here about which foods help to boost weight loss and was intrigued that beef seems to be the magic food - maybe the fact that you've started eating steak has helped?

Good luck - not long and you'll be at that golden stone mark :)

Hi, yes eatingmore steak now as was getting fed up with chicken.

It's blimin expensive all this meat!!

Blimin heck, not lost any more this week although weigh in is on sunday. I dont have any yoghurts, just steak, mince, chicken, eggs, oatbran, sweetner, veg & salad on PV days, 2 litres water a day and thats it. It should be dropping off! I go to the gym every other day as well.

Whats going on?

time of month? salt? water retention? what do you drink?

Best is to post daily menus. Then it's easier to see where things could be wrong.

Chances are you'll have a loss by Sunday, if it's any of the above issues.

I found my weight loss was a bit like going down lots of staircases; drop, walk along the flat, drop, flat, drop, flat. Always down, always regular, always 2lbs a week on average, but always drop - stop - drop - stop.

Don't let it get to you if the scales stay in the same place for a few days before registering a drop.

time of month? salt? water retention? what do you drink?

Best is to post daily menus. Then it's easier to see where things could be wrong.

Chances are you'll have a loss by Sunday, if it's any of the above issues.

Hi, TOTM not for another 10 days. Dont have any salt apart from a sprinkling of Buillion in my mince. I only drink water.

Will see what Sunday brings. My clothes are definately looser though:)

I found my weight loss was a bit like going down lots of staircases; drop, walk along the flat, drop, flat, drop, flat. Always down, always regular, always 2lbs a week on average, but always drop - stop - drop - stop.

Don't let it get to you if the scales stay in the same place for a few days before registering a drop.

Yes I think is how it is going to be for me. Sunday will be my 3rd week on Dukan. I lost 8lbs after 6 days on Attack and only2 since but hey ho got to keep going.

Back