when you fancy a takeaway, do you....

BTW, if you want to make one that really does taste like a "proper one" but don't want to spend a fortne on buying all the spices the Kitchen Guru range are really good.

If my hubby wants fish and chips then I'll get a jacket spud, mushy peas and grilled cod - completely free on EE

From a Chinese I'll have plain rice and beef in oyster sauce...according to the book that's 5 syns

At MccyD's I'll get the chicken deli sandwich on brown with a side salad. It's made with light Mayo and grilled chicken so isn't that bad.

From an Indian, chicken tandoori with veg curry and I'd make my own cauliflower rice.

I only get a take away if I'm too tired to cook (as dh doesn't ever cook) so sometimes I just neeeed one!

No 2 of course!! lol I have special foo yung,mushy peas and boiled rice.....its massive so have it when i feel like really pigging out!.....Have asked SW leader how many syns, can't find it anywhere so just count it as 10 syns i don't have it often but i am overdue woohoo!!

Jo x

Mostly number 2 for me. Mushroom chow mein is one of my favourites or tandoori mixed grill from the Indian.
Sometimes though, I will "blow it" and have sweet and sour chicken balls, prawn toast and special fried rice but I can't remember when I last did this!!!

So far I have gone with 4 and avoided like the plague!
Not really a fan of Chinese or McDs etc, but do love curries and pizza, neither of which taste the same homemade. I do make a homemade curry though every now and then, but no pizza in 4 months!
I would never do 2, as I would feel like it was a bit of a waste to have something that's not my favourite (we're not a 'takeaway every Saturday' kind of household so it is a rare occasion ordering in), so if I do really really fancy it one day I must admit I will go with option number 1 :)

Oh, actually that's a lie, I had a pizza express leggera pizza in July... but that's the only one in 4 months, promise ;)

number 4 for me.

AVOID AVOID AVOID lol

cause i know it would be a slippery slop i was on if i got the taste of chinese food its my big downfall.

instead i would treat myself to a nice piece of salmon, my favorite so i didnt feel i was missing out on anything .

1) have one and have what you like really enjoy it then get back on the plan the next day

2) have one but adapt it to make it as slimming world friendly as poss e,g have indian and have chicken tikka pieces on red - what kind of things are better to have?

3)cook your own slimming world version at home - any ideas for this welcome lol

4)avoid like the plague

:banana dancer: this smiley doesnt really have a point i just think its really funny (shameful!)

i would on a week day go for 3, use a slow cooker if you have one. on a weekend sunday is a really busy day, so if fancy it will have a chinese, something with rice. last night had noddles with mushrooms. no sauce and so nice. if your good 85% of the time, and have a treat now and again. go for it

Back