When you feel as though you're about to fall off the wagon...?

HelenaHandbasket

... what do you do to stop yourself?

I'm really pleased with my progress on CD, but I feel as though I'm teetering on the edge of failure at the moment. My husband's gone away for a week (he's good at keeping me on the straight and narrow), my son has lots of Easter eggs, the weather's miserable, and I'm freezing, bored and feeling a bit sorry for myself.

So, what are your top tips for staying focused? I've looked through the inspiration slide show, imagined how good it'll feel to be slim and gazed longingly at the old size 10/12 clothes in my wardrobe, but I'm still tempted. Help :eek:!

HH

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Step away from the Easter eggs right this minute!

If you eat one, think about how you will feel after not during the short time when you are chomping????????? That feeling of nastiness will stay with you alot longer than the taste of choccie which could in turn lead to a whole host of other things popping in your mouth.

Easter eggs are available 52 weeks a year, as is everything else you THINK you want, so it'll still be there when you are at goal and in maintenance and possible able to control the urges to eat this sort of thing better.

DONT DO IT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you'll regret it

Hi Helena

Take some time to think about why you are tempted, what is making you want to eat, how will you feel after you have eaten? For a brief moment it may feel fantastic but would it be worth hours of feeling miserable afterwards? Switch your mind to the positive, you are not depriving yourself you are chosing to do something positive about your weight, you are doing well and do not want to jeopardise your journey.

Hang in there!

Georgie
x

Trust me on this, I had a teensy tiny taste of one of DS eggs. Just the empty shell to see if it was true that my CDC said that choclate tastes nasty when you've done cd. Well she's right. It was really vile, and it was a cadbury's one. I spat it out it was so nasty. Like you this week has been a real challenge to me. I have nearly cracked so many times this week it just isn't funny. I've stayed the same weight wise, but haven't come out of ketosis so am not hungry. I could eat for england though. I stayed on the straight and narrow cos I saw a photo of me and some family members on holiday. Not good. I don't want to go there again. Then OH was actually complimentary to my loss as well. Then DD chimed in. So today I am great. Could still eat, but I am not. Good luck and try to find a before photo to keep looking at, one you don't want to be like ever again. DID it for me!

Good posts all. Really helpful as that Lindt Bunny is still calling me ...................................

Whenever you feel like eating look at the before and after photo thread. You could easily loose ½ an hour looking at those, and they never fail to renew my resolve.

Everyone there is just like us - they all went through doubts and challenges and they did it, so WHY NOT US TOO!!!

And keep the easter eggs out of view. Out of sight...out of mind. Easter eggs wink a lot!!

Though I have to admit that I never ceased to like chocolate when I was on CD, it really doesn't taste as good as you think it will.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Step away from the Easter eggs right this minute!

If you eat one, think about how you will feel after not during the short time when you are chomping????????? That feeling of nastiness will stay with you alot longer than the taste of choccie which could in turn lead to a whole host of other things popping in your mouth.

Easter eggs are available 52 weeks a year, as is everything else you THINK you want, so it'll still be there when you are at goal and in maintenance and possible able to control the urges to eat this sort of thing better.

DONT DO IT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you'll regret it

Thanks. You're right: I'd really regret it. I've stepped away from the chocolate, stopped sniffing my son's sandwiches and drunk lots of water.

HH

Hi Helena

Take some time to think about why you are tempted, what is making you want to eat, how will you feel after you have eaten? For a brief moment it may feel fantastic but would it be worth hours of feeling miserable afterwards? Switch your mind to the positive, you are not depriving yourself you are chosing to do something positive about your weight, you are doing well and do not want to jeopardise your journey.

Hang in there!

Georgie
x

Thanks so much, Georgie. That new photo of you is truly inspirational. You look amazing.

HH

Trust me on this, I had a teensy tiny taste of one of DS eggs. Just the empty shell to see if it was true that my CDC said that choclate tastes nasty when you've done cd. Well she's right. It was really vile, and it was a cadbury's one. I spat it out it was so nasty. Like you this week has been a real challenge to me. I have nearly cracked so many times this week it just isn't funny. I've stayed the same weight wise, but haven't come out of ketosis so am not hungry. I could eat for england though. I stayed on the straight and narrow cos I saw a photo of me and some family members on holiday. Not good. I don't want to go there again. Then OH was actually complimentary to my loss as well. Then DD chimed in. So today I am great. Could still eat, but I am not. Good luck and try to find a before photo to keep looking at, one you don't want to be like ever again. DID it for me!

Thanks, Nikki. I hadn't realised that chocolate could taste unpleasant on CD. That's quite reassuring. I've stepped away from the Easter eggs and spent the afternoon quaffing yet more water.

HH

Whenever you feel like eating look at the before and after photo thread. You could easily loose ½ an hour looking at those, and they never fail to renew my resolve.

Everyone there is just like us - they all went through doubts and challenges and they did it, so WHY NOT US TOO!!!

Thanks, Dinosaur. Very wise words.

HH

And keep the easter eggs out of view. Out of sight...out of mind. Easter eggs wink a lot!!

Though I have to admit that I never ceased to like chocolate when I was on CD, it really doesn't taste as good as you think it will.

Thanks. I can remember from other diets the disappointment of tasting "fat food" after a period of abstinence. It's never as good as one expects and instantly triggers feelings of guilt and self-loathing in me.

HH

Back