When you have to lose half of yourself...

Have recently 'rededicated' myself to losing weight with slimming world, from my starting weight I have far more than half of my self to lose! At my WI last Tuesday I have gone under 22 stone for the first time in years! So I'm a happy bunny at the moment.. do I qualify for a place in this thread? Please?

*hugs & blessings*
Smoffi

Have recently 'rededicated' myself to losing weight with slimming world, from my starting weight I have far more than half of my self to lose! At my WI last Tuesday I have gone under 22 stone for the first time in years! So I'm a happy bunny at the moment.. do I qualify for a place in this thread? Please?

*hugs & blessings*
Smoffi

WELL DONE Smoffi :D And of course you qualify for a place hunny, everyone can come and join us :) We're all in this together :)

And you will be under 21st in no time!!!!

6.30am and just trying to pluck up the motivation to go do 15 mins excercise, using a 'gazelle' which is a bit like a mild version of a cross-trainer. Can't do more than 15 mins at the moment, and that kills me! Might take a quick swim round the pool after (it's not really a swimming pool just an overgrown paddling pool, but just deep enough to swim in!)

*hugs & blessings*
Smoffi

managed the 15mins on my gazelle.. actually 17! yaay! go me! lol Then plunged into the pool fully clothed! - Just wanted to cool down couldn't be bothered to get changed into cossie. Swam for 10 mins, then climbed out and took plums straight from the tree, now breakfasting on them - yum yum! Could life get any better?!

I'm truly blessed. Thank you God.

managed the 15mins on my gazelle.. actually 17! yaay! go me! lol Then plunged into the pool fully clothed! - Just wanted to cool down couldn't be bothered to get changed into cossie. Swam for 10 mins, then climbed out and took plums straight from the tree, now breakfasting on them - yum yum! Could life get any better?!

I'm truly blessed. Thank you God.

Haha I love it!! xx

Well done Smoffi for the exercise! Little by little, we will all get fitter. As you may have read, before the diet, I couldn't even climb a mini hill and now I don't even notice them anymore :)

Well, I am off to see family today, for a week. I may not be able to come on here but I will try. If you don't hear from me this week, it's normal. I'll probably be at the beach or walking among the dunes :D

Have a nice week xxx

Haha I love it!! xx

Yup me too, love being able to take a dip even if 95% of the time it's VERY cold! Would love to have a 'real' pool of my own, but unless God blesses me with a major windfall, it's not in my immediate plans! lol

Well, I am off to see family today, for a week. I may not be able to come on here but I will try. If you don't hear from me this week, it's normal. I'll probably be at the beach or walking among the dunes :D

Have a nice week xxx

Sounds idylic bookworm! have a lovely week!

*hugs & blessings*
Smoffi

Hello lovely people! I'm back and got weighed tonight: 8lbs off :D I am so so happy and I could find more clothes to fit me this afternoon (I kept all my smaller clothes). 50lbs off so far, I'm like a new woman. I also have a new haircut!

My holidays were lovely. The weather was gorgeous and oh so hot! And it was great being able to spend time with family. It was just a pity my husband couldn't be with us. My family were all so positive and congratulatory towards my weight loss.

RR, you'll never believe this... I went to the BEACH in a knee length SKIRT and also wearing a baby PINK top showing my ARMS :eek::cool: I can't wear a bathing suit yet but next year the beach will be mine :)

I reached my first medium term goal of having a BMI <35. I'm now 34 something and 16st 8 :D My next medium term goal will be a BMI<30 which means I will be "only" overweight. I'm feeling full of energy!!!

Great to have you back hun, glad you had a lovely time :)

wow fantastic weight loss, well done!!!! So proud of you for facing the beach in a skirt and top..and baring your arms :)..woohooo!!!!! Bikini days are around the corner..keep going!
You have done so well, bet you are looking and feeling fab with new haircut too..this weight loss game justopens up our lives for the better doesn't it? have a great day hun x keep posting!

That's the problem with different scales, I suppose a little look won't harm, and if they do come back with a + then just put it down to the scales weighing heavier :D

:wave_cry: I weighed myself on the scales on I STS :sigh:

However, I managed to convince myself it's because it weighs differently from my counsellor's so I don't really mind :p The power of the human psyche :D

Next time I see my counsellor, I will weigh myself on my scales again so I know how different they are. And if they're not different, then I promise I won't be too depressed :D

I just realised that tomorrow will be the last day of my 3rd month on Cambridge. Time flies by! I remember the start, how hesitant I was, thinking it wouldn't work, that I couldn't do it. Now it's become 2nd nature. And what is even better, I now know how to deal with problems without food. I think I'll indulge and give myself a pat on the back :D

I forgot to tell you that yesterday I bought a work suit from Asda. Granted, it's not the best quality (obviously), but it'll do while I'm still losing. And it is actually quite nice. It's dark grey with pale pink pin stripes. I look very professional in it! My new job starts in 2 days and I am nervous and excited at the same time. Nervous because I have been studying full-time for the past two years and wonder if I'll be able to finish my PhD while working part-time. And excited because I actually do like my job and look forward to having something to do outside my studies.

While trying to get ready for my first day back to work, I took all my work shoes out of the garage and I was pleased to see that I could wear low heels now. I am not a great fan of heels but sometimes it is nice to wear them. :) A new life is starting :)

Congrats on the new job and good luck I'm sure you will do a great job :)

Thanks JLS :)

I have the proof the scales are "heavier" than my counsellor: I have lost 1lb since yesterday :D OK now, I remove the batteries or I'll spend my time scale hopping and this is really bad for me as I get obsessed with it :eek:

Back