When you wish you'd thought of a comeback!

Carmilla

Was at a charity thing with the husband and a lot of people we know on Sunday. There was a buffet and I decided to have some - I was flexisynning over the weekend, plus I've lost almost three stone and just a few pounds from target.

As I was putting some sandwiches on my plate, a friend's father was in the queue behind me and he said 'oi you, don't you be eating. You look ok now, we don't want to see you putting all that weight back on'.

I laughed as if I found it funny but inside, and afterwards, I was fuming. I so WISH I'd had the quick wit to turn round and say 'remind me, why was it your marriage failed and you can't keep a woman?' lol. Just wondered if anyone had actually ever had the balls to do a quick witted reply in this situation?

I confront people who I think are out of line. A man made a comment about my previous size recently and I told him not to speak about me like that- that it was incredibly offensive, and for him to keep his mouth closed. I feel good about it. I wasn't rude or personal about him, kept the situation adult but he could see I was angry because I get red.

I have had men make comments about my weight my whole life. I won't stand for it. Why they think they can police our bodies is beyond me. Gah! Next time say something. You have the right to tell someone if their behaviour offends you.

You're right, if I'd been personal it would have reduced me to his level. I'm going to practice standing up for myself in the mirror!

Back