when your on holiday

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
When you went on holiday were you able to stick to the diet or did you just watch what you ate?
I am going away for boyfys 25th birthday in 3 weeks and know I am not going to be able to stick to the diet purley for resources and also cos I want to enjoy the holiday and celebrate and get drunk.
What have people done in this situation?

I went to Sri Lanka for 4 weeks and stayed abstinent. I lost 15lbs!!!

It is possible. I found it easy enough but I had great willpower also knew I would be going back as hubby from there so will get to taste the food again

I just had a soup in restaurants and soda water or black coffee. I took my blender and the shaker.

Glad I did it as I was nearer my goal when I got back

Jo

Hi there..

I went on hols for 2 weeks to Greece and despite taking my packs and good intentions with me, after the 2nd night I basically jacked in the diet and did what I wanted for 2 weeks...and I went to town!!
It was my friend's first holiday abroad and as it was just the 2 of us, I really wanted to enjoy myself so I ate once a day (but it was ALWAYS junk) and I had the odd snack (crisps, ice cream etc etc) and I drank a lot of nights..I'd say 9 out of the 14 and it wasn't just a couple although I did stick to vodka and soda water most times, I did have some shots/cocktails aswell.
Then I got back on the Thursday night and didn't have class til Monday night so basically ate/drank til Monday and decided I'd start afresh on the Tuesday. So I was completely off the diet for 17-18 days and at weigh in I had put on 4.5lbs. But I was delighted as it should have been much more and I didn't regret it one bit as it was best holiday I've ever had.
The only downside is yes it is hard to get back on the wagon after having eaten but you do get there..I went to weigh in last week after being back on the diet a week and had lost 5lbs so I lost my holiday weight and half a pound in the first week back.

Back