Where am I going wrong? Calorie deficit confusion

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Debs1972, 22 April 2014.

1. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

I am so confused. I have a fitbit tracker which I use for tracking steps/exercise I also use myfitnesspal for tracking food which then syncs with fitbit. My confusion is the calorie deficit. Today I did a 30 min walk on my lunch break and an hour workout at the gym. I burnt just over 600 kcals. My food intake was just under 1000kcal & fitbit was telling me I was not in the zone for losing weight & needed to eat another 1000 kcal.:confused:

I've put on 1lb a week in the past week & it is getting to me now as I'm putting in the work & not seeing results (Zumba 3 times a wk & 1hr gym sessions between):(

Feeling disheartened :(
  2. CURVYlicious

CURVYlicious Well-Known Member

Sounds to me its becauzs your eating too few calories. With all that excercise and unser 1000? Thats not good for losing weight and u should up your calorie intake start higher alot higher and excercise and slowly decrease as you lose x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app
  3. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Well-Known Member

Yes, you're not eating anywhere near enough hon - you're basically starving yourself.
  4. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Thank you both. Stepped it up today, I think . Just over 1600 cals & 800 cals in exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
  5. TracyGWill

If you're doing 800 cals exercise, you should eat 2,000 at least, so you don't net less than 1,200. How much are you trying to lose? :) xx
  6. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Trying to lose 1 stone at a rate of 1.5lbs a week.
    I think I understand it now. 1200 per day

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
  7. TracyGWill

Yes, if it's just a stone you should be fine on 1,200. You usually need to start at a higher level if you have a lot to lose - I started off with 10 stone to lose, so ate a lot more calories to start with. Good luck. :) xx