Where am I going wrong? Calorie deficit confusion

Debs1972

MiniMins Addict
I am so confused. I have a fitbit tracker which I use for tracking steps/exercise I also use myfitnesspal for tracking food which then syncs with fitbit. My confusion is the calorie deficit. Today I did a 30 min walk on my lunch break and an hour workout at the gym. I burnt just over 600 kcals. My food intake was just under 1000kcal & fitbit was telling me I was not in the zone for losing weight & needed to eat another 1000 kcal.:confused:

I've put on 1lb a week in the past week & it is getting to me now as I'm putting in the work & not seeing results (Zumba 3 times a wk & 1hr gym sessions between):(

Feeling disheartened :(

I am so confused. I have a fitbit tracker which I use for tracking steps/exercise I also use myfitnesspal for tracking food which then syncs with fitbit. My confusion is the calorie deficit. Today I did a 30 min walk on my lunch break and an hour workout at the gym. I burnt just over 600 kcals. My food intake was just under 1000kcal & fitbit was telling me I was not in the zone for losing weight & needed to eat another 1000 kcal.:confused:

I've put on 1lb a week in the past week & it is getting to me now as I'm putting in the work & not seeing results (Zumba 3 times a wk & 1hr gym sessions between):(

Feeling disheartened :(

Sounds to me its becauzs your eating too few calories. With all that excercise and unser 1000? Thats not good for losing weight and u should up your calorie intake start higher alot higher and excercise and slowly decrease as you lose x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you both. Stepped it up today, I think . Just over 1600 cals & 800 cals in exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Debs1972 said:
Thank you both. Stepped it up today, I think . Just over 1600 cals & 800 cals in exercise.

If you're doing 800 cals exercise, you should eat 2,000 at least, so you don't net less than 1,200. How much are you trying to lose? :) xx

If you're doing 800 cals exercise, you should eat 2,000 at least, so you don't net less than 1,200. How much are you trying to lose? :) xx

Trying to lose 1 stone at a rate of 1.5lbs a week.
I think I understand it now. 1200 per day

Thanks all

Debs1972 said:
Trying to lose 1 stone at a rate of 1.5lbs a week.
I think I understand it now. 1200 per day

Thanks all

Yes, if it's just a stone you should be fine on 1,200. You usually need to start at a higher level if you have a lot to lose - I started off with 10 stone to lose, so ate a lot more calories to start with. Good luck. :) xx

Back