Where am I going wrong?! - Food diary

julesm

Slimming World
Hi everyone!

As some of you may have seen in another post I have had a BAD weigh in this week, but I have no idea why!

As I have been writing down everything I eat, thought I would post my last week's food diary and see if anyone can spot where I may have gone wrong.

Thanks in advance.

By the way usually every day is a green day as I'm pescatarian so on the rare occasions I decide to have a bit of fish I do Extra Easy.

Tuesday 23rd Nov

Brekkie:
Porridge made with milk (HEX A and B)
Strawberries, raspberries, Splenda

Lunch:
Leftover chilli made with -
Quorn mince, onion, pepper, carrot, mushroom, garlic, cannellini beans and broad beans
Two slices of WW brown danish (HEX B) with fat free cottage cheese and marmite

Dinner:
Tagliatelle Carbonara made with cheese (HEX A) onion, mushroom, a quarter of a pack of Quorn bacon rashers (2 and a quarter syns) and fat free fromage frais

Snacks:
2 scan bran (2 syns) with fat free cottage cheese and marmite
Melon
Activia yoghurt

Total syns: 4 and a quarter

Wednesday 24th November

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix with milk (HEX A and part of B) and banana
1 scan bran with cottage cheese and marmite (part of HEX B)

Lunch:
Left over carbonara (see above) (HEX A) (2 and a quarter syns)

Dinner:
Quorn sausages
Beans on WW toast (HEX B)

Snacks
Several satsumas
Pear
Activia yoghurt

Total syns: 4 and a quarter

Thursday the 25th of November

Breakfast:
Porridge made with oats (part of HEX B) and milk (HEX A)
cinnamon
banana
1 scan bran (part of HEX B)

Lunch:
Fat free Supernoodles
Hi - Fi bar
Grapefruit
Melon

Dinner:
Lasagna made from Quorn mince, passata, onion, pepper, carrot, mushroom, Quark and cheese (HEX A)

Snacks
Pear
Satsumas
2 scan bran (2 syns)
Dairylea Light Triangle (1.5 syns)
Activia yoghurt

Total Syns: 3.5

Friday the 26th of November

Breakfast:
Baked beans and omelette

Lunch:
Leftover lasagna (see above) (HEX A)
Hi Fi bar (HEX B)

Dinner: (Friends coming over for dinner!)
Slimming World Falafel from the SW website made from chickpeas, corriander, onion, lemon juice
Cous cous with beetroot
Feta cheese (HEX A)
Pitta bread (HEX B)
Yoghurt dip made from fat free yoghurt, sugar free mint sauce, cucumber
Aubergine
Potatoes

Pudding:
Slimming world cheesecake from the website - 4 syn slice

Alcochol: 4 25ml vodka and Diet cokes (10 syns)

Snacks:
Pear
Satsuma
Melon

Total syns: 14

Saturday the 27th of November

Breakfast:
Eggy bread made from WW Brown Danish (HEX B) and milk (HEX A) and egg

Lunch:
Jacket potato and beans

Dinner: (Tapas!)
Spanish omelette - eggs, onion, potato
Patatas bravas - potatoes, passata, paprika, garlic, onion
Aubergine and courgette griddled
2 slices WW brown danish (HEX B)
Salad

Alcohol:
5 25ml vodka and diet coke (12.5 syns)

Snacks:
1 Scan Bran (1 syn)
1 Dairylea Triangle (1.5 syns)
Fat Free Supernoodles with cheese (HEX A)
Melon

Total syns: 15

Sunday the 28th of November

Breakfast:
Baked beans and scrambled egg on WW Brown Danish (HEX B)

Lunch:
Filo pastry tartlets made from 3 filo sheets (9 syns), passata, garlic, onion, pepper, courgette, mozzarella (HEX A)
salad
Hi-Fi bar (HEX B)

Dinner:
Spicy Quorn sausage pasta bake made with chopped tomatoes, onion, mushroom and cheese (HEX A)

Snacks:
Melon

Total syns: 9

Monday the 29th of November

Breakfast:
Omelette, mushroom, beans, milk in tea (HEX A)

Lunch:
Jacket potato with cheese (HEX A)
Salad with beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes
Kiwi, melon, satsuma, grapes

Dinner:
Homity pie made with onion, leeks, potatoes, stock, herbs and cheese (HEX B)
Mushy peas

Snacks:
4 scan bran (4 syns)
Mullerlight
Hi-Fi bar (HEX B)

Total syns:

Tuesday the 30th of November

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix (HEX B) with banana and milk (HEX A)

Lunch:
Leftover Homity Pie (see above) (HEX A)
Carrot sticks
Melon

Dinner:
Soup made from baked beans, cannelini beans, carrot, stock, fat free fromage frais
Mushroom stroganoff made with mushrooms, spring onions, peppers, rice, paprika and fat free fromage frais

Snacks:
Hi-Fi bar (HEX B)
3 scan bran (3 syns)
Dairylea light triangles (4.5 syns)
Mullerlight

Total syns: 7.5

PHEW!!!!!!!

hey

probs not much help as ive only been doing it for about 6 weeks but i didnt sw before and didnt have much luck...i didnt do anything wrong but i realised my body couldnt cope with all the green days and i was having way to many carbs during the week for my body to process...i now have 6 days red 1 day green and it seems to be working better for me...i cant see any thing wrong as your using your hex ok..sorry not much help x

Just another couple of things...

- Are you weighing out everything for your Hex A and B's?
- What sort of pasta do you eat? Fresh pasta isn't free so make sure you're using dried stuff.
- Maybe trying cutting down the amount of yoghurt. They're free but not superfree, so if you try only snacking on superfree stuff, that might help.
- Make sure you're eating enough of your syns...I know you've had a couple of days where you've had 15ish but you have up to 105 syns to use a week and it's best to use as many of those as possible, as it keeps your metabolism going.
- Try making sure you drink 2litres of water a day...it helps to fill you up and flushes you out.

Sorry if that's loads to take in...your diaries look pretty good so I was just trying to think of all the niggly bits that sometimes can slow things

xxx

kirstabubble said:
- Are you weighing out everything for your Hex A and B's?
- What sort of pasta do you eat? Fresh pasta isn't free so make sure you're using dried stuff.
- Maybe trying cutting down the amount of yoghurt. They're free but not superfree, so if you try only snacking on superfree stuff, that might help.
- Make sure you're eating enough of your syns...I know you've had a couple of days where you've had 15ish but you have up to 105 syns to use a week and it's best to use as many of those as possible, as it keeps your metabolism going.
- Try making sure you drink 2litres of water a day...it helps to fill you up and flushes you out.

Hi!
I always weigh everything for my healthy extras EXCEPT usually two cups of tea when I'm at school- one at break and one at lunch. I know we shouldn't guesstimate but i don't have anything to measure it in but I always make sure I only have a splash!

The pasta is always dried.

I really like your appreciate your tips about water and yogurt, I will try those!!

About the syns, I really struggle to eat any as I'm always full after eating my meals. Do you guys find eating all your syns help your losses? My consultant said if we don't need our syns we can just leave them and don't need to eat any.

I like your menus - they sound great !!!

I don't necessarily think that you have to have all your syns - from my time on here, I think that the jury is out on that one.

You are certainly not doing anything significantly wrong. But I think SW sometimes needs a bit of tweaking here and there. I would definitely agree with the previous poster who said try to drink more. On the weeks that I have managed that it really seemed to help my losses.

Also, some people here seem to find that when they drink alcohol, they don't get particularly good losses - others seem to be ok with that.

Although you don't have to do 1/3 superfree on green, it can help. Some of your days seem to do that but not all. It may be worth trying to do 1/3 superfree all the time ? That may help.

I also think that sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture and think that actually half a stone in 5 weeks when you don't have that much to lose is pretty good. So it may be just that your body takes time to adjust and you will vary a little bit more than some others here.

But I really hope you can stick with it. It might take a bit of tweaking but I'm sure we can get you there.

More hugs (because I think I would need them!)

Gail x

THANKS EVERYONE!

I have taken all your tips on board, trying to drink more water and include more superfree stuff.

Today I have also taken less snacks with me to work and actually I haven't needed them. I think sometimes I will eat even if not hungry, perhaps I need to listen to my body more!

Also this weekend is the first weekend since I started Slimming World that I don't have any birthdays / gatherings / parties / gigs / friends coming over so can just have an alcohol free weekend. I'm so looking forward to using my syns for some tasty treats - I've found a recipe for Slimming World meringue nests so going to treat myself to them! Maybe the alcohol will make a real difference!!

AND this week my boyfriend has stuck to Slimming World with me 100% (before he was eating the same as me but having other stuff and not counting syns) so that he could weigh himself and if he has lost weight we will know I'm doing it right! (Isn't he lovely and supportive! :) )

Gail, you are a star! You are the nicest person! :) You should get some kind of supportive poster award...

Here are my diaries for yesterday and today:

Wednesday the 1st of Dec

Brekkie
2 weetabix (HEX B) with milk (HEX A) and banana

Lunch
Leftover mushroom stroganoff (see above)
Hi-Fi bar (HEX B)
Satsumas

Dinner
Quorn Sausage casserole made with paprika, baked beans, tinned chopped tomatoes, leek, carrots, green and yellow peppers
Cheesy mashed potato (HEX A)
Melon

Snacks
Satsumas
Muller Light
Melon
1 Advent Calendar Chocolate (1 syn)

Total Syns: 1

Thursday 2nd of November

Breakfast:
2 weetabix (HEX B) with milk (HEX A)

Lunch:
WW brown Danish (HEX B) with fat free cottage cheese
Satsumas

Dinner
Starter - Yotam Ottolenghi Green Pancakes made with 28g flour (4.5 syns), half a teaspoon baking powder (quarter of a syn), egg, milk, spinach, kale, pak choi, spring onions and lemon juice, Frylight buttery
Main - Tesco meat free chicken fillet with onion, passata, garlic and mozzarella (HEX A) and sweet potato chips
Huge salad with dressing of chopped cucumber, sugar free mint sauce, lemon juice and fat free natural yog
Pudding - Melon

Snacks
Satsumas
Advent Calendar chocolate (1 syn)

Total syns: 5 and 3 quarters

Thanks Jules. I really appreciate your comment too ! I am still mouth watering at your menus :) Would you like to come and cook for me.........?!!!!

All looks good and your plan sounds great. I have got everything crossed for you. Have a lovely weekend and hope you eat lots of lovely food !

Gail xx

Gail, any time! I LOVE cooking for people! You are a Manc dweller like myself are you not? Do you go to a class?

Here are my menus for the weekend. My weekend officially started on Friday as I had the day off from school :)

Also my parents were visiting from Sheffield so it was really great to show off my new Slimming World cooking skills!

Friday the 3rd of December
Brekkie
Porridge made with oats (part of HEX B) and milk (HEX A) and a scan bran (part of HEX B)
Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries

Lunch
(So annoyed - me and my mum went for a jacket potato in the Arndale Centre. I asked for two - one with marge and one without but I wasn't paying attention and ended up eating the marge one and didn't notice til I'd nearly eaten it all! Which shows how much difference it made to the taste! Grr!! Well, I allowed 5 and a half syns for it anyway!)
Jacket potato with beans and spread (5.5 syns) and lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion

Dinner
Starter - Minestrone soup made from pasta, passata, carrot, celery, garlic, onion, tinned tomatoes
Main - Cheese soufflés from Slimming World magazine made from light spread (half a syn) eggs, fromage frais, parsley, spring onion, parmesan (HEX A) with lettuce and beetroot salad
Dessert - Slimming World meringue nest (3 syns) with Mullerlight, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries

Snacks
Hi - Fi bar (HEX B)
Advent Calendar chocolate (1 syn)

Total syns: 10

Last edited:
Saturday the 4th of December

Brekkie
Melon, blueberries and orange with Mullerlight yogurt
Onion, mushroom and tomato omelette with baked beans and Quorn sausage
Milk in tea (HEX A)

Lunch
(I had lunch at "Oklahoma Gift shop café" with my boyfriend and parents. They did baked sweet potatoes with Organic baked beans (it was meant to be with cheese but I asked for it without) and it was all really cool- served in chintzy little vintage crockery. They did loads of different teas and organic soft drinks - no Coca Cola in sight! Definitely recommended. And who would have thought a baked sweet potato could taste so good?!?!)

Baked sweet potato with baked beans

Dinner
Slimming World pizza (HEX B x2) made with wholemeal bread mix, passata, tinned tomatoes, onion, garlic, green pepper, onion, mushroom, courgette and mozzarella (HEX A)
Lettuce and beetroot salad
Slimming World chips
Slimming World White chocolate and ginger cheesecake - 9 syns slice

Snacks
Advent calendar chocolate - 1 syn

Total syns - 10

Yum Yum Yum *rubs tummy* !!!!

I love reading your menus :drool:

Yes, I am a manchester girl too. Mostly done this at home with body optimise but I have been trying a class recently as well. I think I'll stick with class as well for now but it means I'm paying twice ! Are you going to a class ?

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you this week. Let me know how you get on.

Gail x

:D Hey Gail,

Yes I do go to class, at Withington Methodist Church.

My friend goes to a class in Dukinfield (don't know how you spell that?!) and she lost loads of weight and she recommended it to me as a) she knows I wanted to lose weight and b) she knows I love cooking and thought Slimming World was good for cooking enthusiasts! Where / when's your class?

I've been doing it for 6 weeks now and only lost a few lbs but I don't really mind, I'm in no rush! How long have you been doing it?

I am also keeping my fingers crossed for tonight! I'm quite excited to go to class and get the gossip - my consultant texted on Sunday saying that head office have sent him new scales and wires because "they don't know what happened the last week". I don't know if he is talking about the week when we all lost loads or the week when we all gained loads but I think the scales were wrong the week when we all lost loads which would mean I didn't deserve my half stone award!

Hope youre well anyway ;)

Here are my diaries for Sunday and yesterday:

Sunday the 5th of Dec
I had a lot of lesson planning to do on Sunday (including a lesson which will be observed by my head of department AND NQT mentor - BOO) which I was not best pleased about, so hence the reason I ate like a little piglet:

Brekkie
Banana
Frozen berries - strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries, cherries*
1 scan bran (rest of HEX B) with ff Cottage cheese

*I bought my berries from Aldi in town and WOW what a bargain! Something like £1.20 a pack compared to £2 at Asda and they were much nicer! I love a bit of Aldi!

Lunch
Pasta with Quorn bolognese made from passata, tinned toms, onion, mushroom and garlic

Dinner
Quorn fillets with 'roast' (Frylight) potatoes, parsnips and Peter Rabbit carrots!
Loads of green beans
Cauliflower cheese made with cauliflower, Quark, cheese (HEX A) and nutmeg
Gravy (1 syn), 1 stuffing ball (2 syns) and an Aunt Bessie's yorkshire pud (2.5 syns)
Pudding - syn free rice pudding

Snacks
Hi-Fi bar
Melon
Satsuma
1 Advent Calendar chocolate (1 syn)

Total syns: 6.5

Monday the 6th of December

Breakfast
Weetabix (HEX B) with milk (HEX A)
banana

Lunch
Leftover pasta bolognese (see above)
Hi-Fi bar (HEX B)
Satsuma
Apple

Dinner
Double onion and thyme frittata made from eggs, Quark, cheese (HEX A), thyme, onion, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and a bit of sweetener
Coleslaw made from grated carrot, pickled cabbage, mustard seeds, cajun spices and fromage frais

Snacks
Advent calendar chocolate - 1

Total syns- 1

Tuesday 7th of Dec

Brekkie
frozen berries
Scan bran (other part of HEX B) with Dairylea triangle (part of HEX A)

Lunch
3 slices WW brown Danish (HEX B)
Dairylea triangles (other part of HEX A)
Lettuce, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, Frylight salad dressing, f.f. cottage cheese
Satsuma
Apple

Dinner
Slimming World pad thai noodles - recipe http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/164404-whats-tea-tonight-180.html#post3040266 (2 syns)
Mullerlight yoghurt

Snacks
Advent calendar choc - 1 syn
Lempsip - Half a syn

Total syns - 3.5

Last edited:
Wednesday 8th of December

Very busy day today with my NQT Review, Observation lesson, teaching the after school Spanish course as the teacher was away and also feeling a bit on the fluey side!

Brekkie
Weetabix (HEX B) with milk (HEX A) and banana

Lunch
Leftover Pad Thai noodles (see above) - (2 syns)
Hi-Fi bar
Satsuma
Apple

Dinner
Slimming World potato and spinach gnocchi with tomatoes, passata, garlic, onion
Low fat cheese (HEX A)
Lettuce and beetroot
Frylight salad dressing

Snacks
Advent calendar chocolate (1 syn)
4 Lemsips (2 syns)

Total syns: 5