Where and when do you weigh in?

Clareel

Persistence not perfection
As a long time Slimming world member I have become quite comfortable with the security of the group weekly weighing in process - I like that I have to 'answer' to someone when I weigh in.

Now I'm going it alone I'm wondering what to do?

Just thought I'd get some ideas off people and see what you all do?

I'm debating whether to weigh in at home on my own scales (they are reliable) or whether to go to the likes of boots and get weighed there.

Also how often should I weigh? Once a week? month? Less?!

I guess it's just down to the individual with what works for them but I'm just interested to get some different perspectives.

My first week of calorie counting is coming to a close on Wednesday and I'm not sure what to do! X

I prefer weighing in each day when i try and do it weekly i seem to have more bad days where i dont feel as responsible for what i am eating

I'm the complete opposite of sunnyrae! I am trying to to do less frequent weigh ins. I'm hoping eventually to get to once a month as I want this to be a lifestyle change rather than an obsession with weighing myself. I will weigh in on Thursday this week, which will be twq weeks since my last weigh in...can't quite stomach waiting a month yet. However, once (if) I get to target I will weigh much more frequently to make sure I don't slip into bad habits.

I weigh first thing in the morning in just my undies! Hubby reads the scales for me so I'm kind of accountable to him. It does help that he is trying to lose weight too.

It's really up to you, it doesn't really matter how often you weigh in or what time of day or even what you're wearing, as long as you develop a routine and stick to it. I always do my official weigh in at 9 on saturday morning, wearing the same nighty (I have to do it in the dining room as my bathroom floor is floorboards so it varies in there!) after a trip to the toilet. I end up weighing myself every 1-2 days just to see how I'm doing and that's fine, as long as you don't mind not seeing what you want or expect because your body doesn't always do that. They work in strange and mysterious ways! I would recommend having an official weigh in every week, at the same time on the same day if possible. If you can wait and do it fortnightly then great but I'm not that patient! I don't think it really matters anyway just as long as it's at least a week. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys! I've weighed in this morning (4lb down :)) and will stick to weekly weigh ins for now.

Back