Where are all the nice strawberries at???

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
I have a slight addiction to them at the mo but the last few punnets ive gotten have been either sour tasting or tastless!!! :cry:

Ive had the £1 ones from asda before and they were lovely but not this week.

Any recommendations?:eek:

I think it's really hit or miss, but the last couple of week's i've been buying tesco's as they've been half price - 1.99. Bought some from M&S yesterday, also 1.99 for 400g - gorgeous! juicy, flavoursome, and just the right amount of sweet and tangy!

Mmmmm off to M&S for me then - Its poo when you buy them and they are all sour :(

I think Wimbledon stole them all :(

I've just had a few from Tesco - and they were horrible...

Got 2 lovely punnets off a market stall at Hollowell Steam Fair at the Weekend, I munched my way through half a punnet whilst we were walking around the steam fair.

They were sweet, juicy and smelt of Strawberries...yummy

Perhaps trying a market stall would be the best

I'm a sniffer :eek: I tend to find if they have that lovely strawberry smell they usually taste gorgeous. I also tend to buy only english strawberries as they seem to taste the best.

Outrageous that shops are selling none English strawbs when they grow here and are in full season!!!!

I'm lucky to live near 3 GYO fields. Can't beat the taste!

I am sooooo going picking at the weekend !!

strawberry picking = body magic..... what an incentive :D

God yeah - let me at them - may need to weigh me before and after the picking though!

Waitrose have strawberries at half price at the moment. There are three varieties - Elsanta, Evie and Sweet Eve. Elsanta are the standard strawberries which everyone has - OK, but not outstanding. Evie and Sweet Eve are lovely. The boxes are usually mixed up, so you have to read the labels to make sure you are getting the right ones.

Waitrose have strawberries at half price at the moment. There are three varieties - Elsanta, Evie and Sweet Eve. Elsanta are the standard strawberries which everyone has - OK, but not outstanding. Evie and Sweet Eve are lovely. The boxes are usually mixed up, so you have to read the labels to make sure you are getting the right ones.

Aha!!! My Asda ones are elsanta and not so good!

I had some lovely ones from Sainsburys this morning. I bought some in the co-op yesterday which were reduced so slightly past their best but still lovely. They were ENORMOUS. I have a big mouth but couldn't get them in.:eek:

Ive just binned most of my Asda ones - horrible they were :(

You should have taken them back, they'd have given you another punnet to replace it and you might have got lucky this time. Silly.;)

Back