Where are my Sept 2008 babes?

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Hi folks!

We have just a week and a half, until it's been a year since the Sept 2008 thread started. I want to hear from everyone who joined that thread, and find out how you're doing now?

I will do the same at some point in the next few days - an update of where I am, and a short post about how I got there, with LL and with all of you. But wanted to start this now, as it'll probably catch more people :)

Before and after pics would be nice too! What are the best things that have happened since you started - what experiences have you had that could push others forward if they're at the start of their journey?

awh wow...i hadnt given much thought to the fact that its neary a year since i started ll! :)

good idea andy xxx

well im still maintaining, have been finished ll since dec and still love the diet.
my weight has more or less stayed constant over the months...although i have had a couple of lbs extra but have always managed ta pull them back in.

if i could give anyone any advice with ll it would be ta stick with it for 2 weeks....the first week can be a BIG struggle, but in the second week when ur in ketosis, u really just sail into it...and start enjoying the empty feeling in your stomach.

i went from a size 16-18...tightish to a size 8-10 in 14-17 weeks!
the only hard part i found was the hole mind catching up thing...even still its hard at times..but i no i feel and look different than i did :)

i no if ive ever any trouble with my weight again, i will return to ll. i do believe ll is a tool that can be used for life...for example, how many people lose weight with ww or sw etc and still stick to the diet when they need it?!!!

any ways hope everyone else is doing ok xxx

Hi you guys,
this will be an interesting thread, I hope you get lots of replies Andy, good idea.
Catz well done you. I agree, I hope it won't be necessary, but I would use LL again if I needed to.

Thanks folks - lovely to hear your update catz!

Ok, I finally have time to do mine!

On March 14th, I finally discovered I wasn't fat anymore. This Saturday is exactly 26 weeks since then. I was 13st 4lbs then and this morning I was... 13st 4lbs.

I have swung up and down but today took the decision to no longer actively diet.

I did LL for 6 months and lost about 8 stone on there. I've now maintained for 6 months after. I have a girlfriend, and feel attractive for the first time in my life (and she's coming over in an hour or so, how exciting!).

I was promoted at work half way through LL. I'm still doing well there.

I've considered doing LL a few times, to lose a little more but I've decided to learn how to be happy with who I am.

I have learned to cook and have healthy foods.

I've posted about time as a concept before - all I can tell people is this. I started LL on Sept 19th 2008 at 20st 13lbs and now I' m 13st 4lbs. I could have been sat here thinking "what if" and wishing I'd stuck with it. But for the first time in my life, I don't need to.

So if you're thinking of doing this, do it - and use those who've already done it as examples of why YOU will succeed too.

Out of time - I didn't type anything profound or long but was nice to have a "checkpoint" here. Lets here more from you?

Andy really great to hear from you & chuffed you're doing so well.

Nothing profound?? I'm sure there are plenty here who would disagree!

Andy, so glad you've got a girlfriend. That sort of rounds it all off for you doesn't it?
I know you used to feel very lonely sometimes.
And you feel attractive - why?Because you are.
Well done you for maintaining for 6 months.
Fantastic and great to feel comfortable with who you are. xx

hi - not a sept starter but just wanted to say hi and wow andy!
you are doing great - and a girlfriend too, well done hun
daisy x

LS i thought the same bout this years new september thread...thats when it brought home the year part ta me most :)

all i can say is good luck to those who are doing or starting ll!

xxx

Hiya fellow Sept Starters 2008.

Glad you are all doing OK. I've gained a bit (1 1/2 stone) of the 4 stone I lost so I'm back on LL but on lite this time. My fault really, though I do blame it on my being without a kitchen for 4 months last year.

Any other's out there???

Thanks folks - lovely to hear your update catz!

Ok, I finally have time to do mine!

On March 14th, I finally discovered I wasn't fat anymore. This Saturday is exactly 26 weeks since then. I was 13st 4lbs then and this morning I was... 13st 4lbs.

I have swung up and down but today took the decision to no longer actively diet.

I did LL for 6 months and lost about 8 stone on there. I've now maintained for 6 months after. I have a girlfriend, and feel attractive for the first time in my life (and she's coming over in an hour or so, how exciting!).

I was promoted at work half way through LL. I'm still doing well there.

I've considered doing LL a few times, to lose a little more but I've decided to learn how to be happy with who I am.

I have learned to cook and have healthy foods.

I've posted about time as a concept before - all I can tell people is this. I started LL on Sept 19th 2008 at 20st 13lbs and now I' m 13st 4lbs. I could have been sat here thinking "what if" and wishing I'd stuck with it. But for the first time in my life, I don't need to.

So if you're thinking of doing this, do it - and use those who've already done it as examples of why YOU will succeed too.

Out of time - I didn't type anything profound or long but was nice to have a "checkpoint" here. Lets here more from you?

as a newbie to dieting in general and LL, thanks for the insperation..

very well done, truly fantastic.

Back