Where can I buy almond meal?

Jen31601

I've found a chilli crisp recipe that I want to try this weekend but one of the ingredients is almond meal, which I've never heard of. Does anyone know where I can buy it and is it expensive? :confused:

Yes - it is ground almonds. I made pancakes with it on Tuesday (nomnomnom :D)

It's a bit expensive if you buy it in small quantities, but I found it in Tesco in bigger bags (in the wholefood bit), along with soya flour and flaxmeal.

Can you post your recipe? It sounds good!

Note that nuts (so that includes almond flour) are not stictly allowed on induction. are you on owl now jen?

Looks yummy:)

I'm a bit naughty and don't bother with induction...but I find doing it this way works for me - I just try and keep carbs to under 20g a day but don't limit any food types

Fair enough - i did what i called relaxed induction too from months 2-6 ie any food types but below 20g. The only thing i would suggest is to read the owl rules and consider how you will spot if there are any specific or general groups that you need to avoid stalling or craving. For example i can eat all nuts except peanuts - they make my carb monster appear and give me cravings.

Thank you for the advice :) I'll have a look at the owl rules and try to be stricter as I don't want to start having cravings!

Crisps are cooking at the mo and smell amazing so can't wait to tuck in

Back