Where can i get a whisk??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by baby_callalillies, 12 February 2009 Social URL.

1. baby_callalillies

baby_callalillies Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Diet:
    CD(2009)Slim & Save 28 Feb 2012
    Hi all

just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction..... I have a great plug in blender at home for soups and shakes, however, when i go to work i use either a fork or spoon and just end up with lumps :sigh::sigh::sigh:

can anyone suggest a cheap hand whisk/battery blender etc... that will do just as a fantastic job - but isnt too noisy (as i dont want to attract too much attention in my work canteen hehehe)

many thanks

Anni -x-

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ZoBo

ZoBo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I know what you mean, like the coffee frothers?

My mum used one when she did ll but it wasn't that clever tbh. They're not as powerful.

What about one of the shakers? Some people find they do an ok job.

4. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Hiya BabyC, I use a kitchen hand blender I got ages ago for £10, the kind of thing you use to whizz soup etc. But recently I had to work away from home and didn't want to lug it round in the case. I got a mini battery whisk from a shop that sells proper coffee and tea. I asked for a 'mini whisk that you use to froth up capuccinos'. It cost a fiver and isn't very noisy, and I'm sure I saw someone post that you can get them in asda and boots! Good luck!
    xx

5. exp107

exp107 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Online
    I have one of the shaker things that you can get from your CDC and its ok for mixing a shake out and about :)

6. baby_callalillies

Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Diet:
    great! thanks guys... i did see a shaker on ebay with a ball inside that breaks up lumps.....just wondered if it would work for hot porridge though...

xxxxx

7. 1974rach

1974rach Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Eating sensibly
    oooh noooo for your porridge you put it in a bowl, stir it up and fling it in the microwave. I use a shaker for my shakes, and stir like billy-o if i have a soup

xxx

8. exp107

exp107 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Online
    You can only do cold shakes in them :( for porridge you mix with water and microwave for 1min and the soups/mousse I do with a hand held blender :)

9. baby_callalillies

Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Diet:
    A well.... its cold shakes for work then! But lump-free hopefully from now on. Think i will get me one of those bad boys tomorrow ;-)
    xxxxxxxxxx

10. tracey001

tracey001 Back again!!

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Have you tried the Tetra's they are much nicer than having to make a shake without as blender, brilliant for work / when your out and about. The porridge tastes much much nicer blended too.

11. baby_callalillies

Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Diet:
    Hi Tracey..... Yep, have the tetras also. But i can only order 7 in a week to keep within my money limit ( i get charged more if i order above this amount)

Found a cool thing called a Blender bottle.... fingers crossed it does the trick :)

x

12. Springador

Springador Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I use the whisk attachment from an electric whisk, I keep it at work with a jug and use it when I make soups up.

13. chriBs3

chriBs3 Full Member

hi, i just used tetras for when I was at work, far more discreet and I just kept them in the fridge in a carrier bag. If i was working but not in the office, I would freeze it the night before and by the time lunchtime arrived, it would have defrosted and still be cold

14. baby_callalillies

Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Diet:
    thanks folks..... I do like the freezing part! Sounds great. Must give it a try
    xxxxxxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.