where do i start again :(

gemma_

Silver Member
Hey everyone.

Well couple years ago i lost 2 stone with slimming world over 6 months,
sadly since then put 4 stone on.

where did it go wrong,
WELL, between me and my partner and 2 children was only me eating slimming world 'food'
my partner is one of the people i dislike he can eat whatever he wants and doesnt gain a lb!
my children are worlds pickiest eaters,
and to be honest towards then end when i started drifting the cooking different meals per night, watching everyone else eat etc.

so it begain oh i deserve a takeaway on sat night, i deserve that choc bar and before i knew it i was back in same routine.

Groups, they was amazing and kept me on top, but during my time i moved house to total new area and im quite a shy person so i didnt join a new group i thought i could do it!....

well here i am with million and 1 mistakes knowing if i carried on i would had achived my dream weight instead im looking at my relection and almost crying, i can no longer fit in my clothes and i eat chocolate and crisps as a comfort.

well im going on holiday in 10 weeks and would LOVE to lose a stone help me on my way....
theres no slimming worlds in my area tthat fit around my work and children school hours so im going to join online and rely on that and this group for support fingers crossed :)
xxxx

Hey Gemma,
Just thought I would let you know that I emphasise fully with how frustrating losing weight and putting it back on can be. Around a year or two ago I decided to lose weight for good and without wanting to sound big headed I did really well. I was exercising for two hours a day, 6 days a week (without fail) and was eating EXCEPTIONALLY well. At the time I personally was not following any particular 'plan' of sorts, just my own healthy eating plan (which I stuck to meticulously by the way). After losing over two stone quite quickly, but not without a lot of hard work I really struggled to see where this two stone weight loss had come off. I realised the sections of my body that were already relatively small, such as my forearms, calf's and fingers were getting smaller and smaller, but my biggest areas just seemed to stay put. To cut a long story short, it drove me up the wall, it made me so down as I was putting my absolute all into losing weight and was yielding (what I thought were rubbish results). So, what did I do? Ate my way into the position I am now which is heavier then when I first started out. If only I stuck with it I would, at present, be much slimmer and much healthier, hindsight is a great thing isn't it just?

I have plucked up the courage to go at it again, this time following Exante. I know 100% I am going to do it this time. It is incredibly frustrating to fall of the wagon, but I know you can do it again, I have all the faith in the world in you. Good luck. x

Thankyou for replying, I too seen weight come off my smaller areas, however my hips tummy and thighs didnt seem to go anywhere! what is exante?

good luck however doesnt sound like you need it ery possitive mind! x

Exante is a program whereby you consume only the packaged products Exante themselves provide. It is considered a VLCD (very low calorie diet) as you eat around 600-800 calories a day. It is virtually a meal replacement diet, and can yield brilliant results, which is why I ordered my first bumper back today. I still myself am not 100% sure about all the little details so please do visit the website ... Just type 'Exante' into Google ... I am sure it will answer all of your questions, or you will have to wait until a more experienced Exante dieter comes on and replies. :)
If you did it once you can do it again, just remember that. And I am not overly confident believe me, but I really cannot continue to live life the way I have been doing recently.

thankyou will have a look, i got to point where foods taking over! my idea day out is eating out having desert then home n eating junk in front of tv!! i wake up excited about dinner it's getting beyond a joke, just want to look forward to other things.

Could not agree more with everything you said. I don't personally have takeaways myself, but my portions could feed an army. Interestingly my diet at present is rather healthy if I am being honest, but ever since I was a baby I have had portions big enough to feed four (it really is an Italian thing). I have all food in the center of the table, and can have as many plate-fulls as I wish. The main problem is my portion control, but I do overeat carbohydrates as well. I cannot wait for the day where food and weight does not consume my life...

Im nott italian, but I'm pretty much same with cooking i put all bowls in middle of table and everyone just gets what they wants, sadly my 5 year old daughter is getting chunky, however i made sure she didnt eat junk food however i think it's portion size! luckily i found a healthy plate in a shop so now starting to go by that with my children but myself i'm not happy unless i feel full! my dinners are healthy in such, just things like mince etc that are fatty, howeer im a binge eater inbetween meals.
I'd just love to have energy to run around with children, i keep saying to myself i'm doing whats best for children i don't drink nor smoke but in all honestymy weight is killing me just as they would yet i still struggle with will power to do anything.

I really do feel confident that you can do it. You have to believe that you can, and they say that anything is possible. I appreciate it is easier said then done, but once you get back to the weight you are happy with it will be such a euphoric feeling. I personally eat out of pure boredom, as I have little else to do. Do you have any idea where your eating habits have stemmed from? I believe getting to the bottom of that may help you incredibly. Start as soon as possible, and remember we are all here to help you on your journey to a healthy happier you. All you are missing now is faith in yourself. :)

I think bordom too, my mum worked alot when i was growing up and i remember eating alot of take outs as not much time to cook and when was at my grandma's she was a big lady, and kind of woman that said 'eat everything don't waste'. thats remained in my head no matter portion size. Strange really as i rarely feel hunger, i eat for sake of it and when watching tv i can just sit and eat a family pack of dorito's and not think.

That is just it, it is that 'not thinking' which is causing the problem. It also becomes a habit, well I can say for certain mine definitely is. I have set times at which I eat, and have done ever since I can remember. When those three times come I believe it is acceptable to eat as much as I can fit in my stomach, which is why I am here today. There is something I want to share with you which has stuck with me since I was told it as a young child (you may or may not have heard it in the past). It is said that to maintain a healthy eating regime, and stick at a healthy weight one should eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a beggar for dinner. Basically eat substantially at breakfast and from there your meals should decrease in size. Considering you are not planning to follow a VLCD, or meal replacement plan, you really should take this on board and see how you go. Have you begun Slimming World as of yet?

Back