Where do you do your food shopping

I can't believe no one has mentioned Iceland!!

I buy all my frozen meat, poultry, veg and fresh fruit from Iceland aswell as bread, milk, cereals, etc.

I tend to shop between Iceland/Tesco/Asda and I spend £70-80 per week for 2 adults, 2 kids and a dog.

We eat a lot of meat so I don't think thats too bad atall!

I always shop at Tesco as save the clubcard points towards a 2 week holiday abroad! x

I am the same as you - me,husband and a 2.5 year old daughter who is in nursery 4 days a week.

Shopping varies in price, This week I spent £92 in Morrisons on Sat (and so far have done 2 extra top ups because of what we fancy for tea).

The week before I only spent £50, felt so pleased with myself. I think it depends what I am buying - this week I needed coffee, decaf coffee, wipes and got some little books for my little girl for xmas. Oh and 2 bottles of wine. All that in total was about £30 so if I hadnt got them my main shop would have cost £62!

I also buy reduced and get a lot of veg. I am miles away from Asda and Aldi / Tesco is still a 20 min drive. When I have been to Asda I have never been that impressed by the fruit and veg (and thats a big chunk of my food shop).

Yes, the green grocer is cheaper but only for certain things (large peppers are a bargain at 49p but things like a large pack of apples / pears / satsumas are only a £1 at Morrisons).

Thanks for all your replies, I am going to try Asda this week and see how I get on hopefully it wont be as expensive this week. x

I started to use our local shops recently and now find good quality food, cheaper than the Supermarket our Butcher now sells fruit & veg as well and it's usually locally sourced.The meat is far better and is cut to your requirements!

I used to do an online Tesco order most weeks, but now there's just me there seems little point as I have very much in teh way of storage space - kitchen or otherwise!

I just tend to now use whichever supermarket I want to. My nearest, literally less than 5 mins from home, is a medium sized Tesco. I also have a huge Asda and a huge Morrisions about 10 minutes away from work. In general I still use the Tesco as it's easier and I can collect clubcard points, did a shop on Saturday to get me through the week, including a box of wine, and it came to £35. Granted I had the meat I need already in the freezer, but didn't think that was too bad. Plus some of it will do me for next week as well, meaning I only need to do a minimal shop for next week.

I did nip to Asda at lunchtime as I needed to pick up an Asda Direct delivery, and only needed to top up on my sparkling water and some seasoning for this evening's salmon fillets.

Thanks everyone, I did my shopping on line last night with sainsbury's got all my fruit, veg,salad meat etc and it came £54.00 :D.

Shopping online is the way forward and all buying what I need for that week.

I always do Sainsburys and on average earn about £200 a year in nectar points which pays for my Christmas shop, plus now they do a brand match so if you do your shop and any off it was Cheaper at asda or tesco it's prints out a voucher to use next time last month I spent £185 that's for 2 adults 1 baby 1 dog. And onmy brand match my shopping worked out too be £19 cheaper than asda and £21 cheaper than tesco !!! I always get my meat from Costco as its so much cheaper but everything else is Sainsburys x

farm foods is amazing too I miss mine so much as everything was really cheap!! If you have one close I suggest you go and use it all the time!! :) x

I shop at Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose. I try and get the offers from all the different shops. There's me, my partner and 3 cats and I'm budgeting to £45 per week :)

I also only buy free range meats and free range eggs. I don't buy anything that has been cruel to an animal in any way.

So impressed with your budgeting skills.

I shop in Aldi/Lidl/Home bargains/Iceland/Morrisons and Tesco and spend over £200.00 a week for 2 adults, 2 teenagers, 1 dog and 2 cats.

Gone are the days when I can afford to shop in one supermarket

So impressed with your budgeting skills.

I shop in Aldi/Lidl/Home bargains/Iceland/Morrisons and Tesco and spend over £200.00 a week for 2 adults, 2 teenagers, 1 dog and 2 cats.

Gone are the days when I can afford to shop in one supermarket

Flipping heck that's a lot of money!

2 adults 2 kids (13/11) & a dog here ... most weeks my shopping costs £150 but then every 3rd/4th week I have a nice low £80 shop.

We only shop once a week and don't have takeaways.

I went asda today spent £112 that's for me and 4 children and should last just over a week bar things like milk and bread . I thought it was quite good considering I stocked up on quorn mince,chicken and bacon etc

We have a budget of £200 a month for me my husband our 23 month old
Son and two cats.
This includes nappies which I buy in bulk when on offer.

I use market stalls for veg and fruit, £5 a week gives me about 4 bags of stuff! tesco and Iceland and sainsburys for bread and milk as it's the closest for me.

My husband eats pre packed food so four meals for him is about £3 lol.
Me and my son have home made pasta, crock pot recipes, home made soups, spaghetti Bol over 2 days etc.

If u really want to tighten your belt u can as we used to spend 600 a month on food and would end up crippled! Now I take out the cash we need say for petrol food and my sons classes, my husband gets an allowance as he works odd shifts lol and then we don't touch the card unless in dire emergencies and that's the only way we are managing our money and now are able to pay off debts!

We managed to pay 1k off a credit card this month and still have 750 spare!!!! And we aren't rich just careful! X

I shop at Asda, purely because I work there and get 10% off. When there's 7 of you under the same roof the discount comes in very handy!! I don't think I would choose to shop there but it's a case of having to, I'd be silly not to!!
There are a few things I nip into tesco for and I buy my chicken breasts from Iceland. I would recommend them to anyone. You get a big bag of grade A frozen chicken breasts for £5. They are massive. Actually I'd go as far as saying 1 breast is the size of 2 from Asda/tesco/sainsburys.!!

Hi sorry to but in. I loiter here but post mainly on another board

I spend £160 per fortnight for essentially 5 adults - me and hubby and 3 kids aged 19, 18 and 13.

I write a menu for the fortnight and only buy what is on that list. I cook everything from scratch which also cuts down.

I shop for a fortnight as I've worked out that certain ingredients can be used in similar meals and then portion up and freeze any extras so that we can have a 'left overs ' day every now and again.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Usually we shop at asda and it's between £60 and £70 a week for 2 adults. We have a very small freezer so it's difficult to cook and freeze stuff in bulk.

My dad gave us some vouchers for sainsburys whereby if you spend £60+ you get £12 off plus money off and triple points for the following weeks shopping. So far we have managed to spend under the £60 we budget and get some good quality fruit veg meat etc that lasts longer than asda!!

Obviously my dad is gaining the nectar points but it is invaluable to me and my OH as we are on a tight budget!! Cheers Pop's :)

On future as we like Sainsburys and the food is good quality we are going to continue to shop here and by their basics range!!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Usually we shop at asda and it's between £60 and £70 a week for 2 adults. We have a very small freezer so it's difficult to cook and freeze stuff in bulk.

My dad gave us some vouchers for sainsburys whereby if you spend £60+ you get £12 off plus money off and triple points for the following weeks shopping. So far we have managed to spend under the £60 we budget and get some good quality fruit veg meat etc that lasts longer than asda!!

Obviously my dad is gaining the nectar points but it is invaluable to me and my OH as we are on a tight budget!! Cheers Pop's :)

On future as we like Sainsburys and the food is good quality we are going to continue to shop here and by their basics range!!

Thats a lot of money for 2 people! I feed me, my partner and 3 cats on £45 and only buy organic and free range!

Thats a lot of money for 2 people! I feed me, my partner and 3 cats on £45 and only buy organic and free range!

Crikey, what sort of stuff do you eat? Im really trying to cut down and spent about £105 this week which will last me about ten days so 70-75 for a week. That's for two of us. That includes household stuff like loo roll, deodorant etc though.

I usually try to get free range/fair trade/organic stuff but the prices are getting ridiculous so organic is pretty much out of the window for now :( I eat chicken about once or twice a week, the rest of the week is veg and pulses.

Sheepy19: we would love to spend less money!! What stuff do you buy? If we were vegetarian then I guess we could reduce our bill by quite alot.

To avoid getting bored with SW I make a conscious effort to vary the food we eat every week!!

Like I say I would be much better off if we had a standard size fridge freezer instead of one with a little freezer part.

Back