Where do you find your willpower?

mydiet1987

bikerblondie
Hi all!

Struggling yesterday and today. Had a rough day yesterday so wasn't feeling too guilty about that (these things happen) but today I have just been eating all around me for no justifiable reason :(

Really struggling to find my willpower again.

What do you use to motivate yourself? Where do you find your willpower?

My willpower has gone this week. I feel really fat and lazy :( its awful. The only thing that helps me is to not buy anything naughty!

I just have to keep focusing on the next weigh-in. When facing a handful of crisps/glass of wine etc, I think 'How will I feel on Tuesday if I gain? Don't lose? Lose 1lb? Lose 2lb?'
And then keep thinking about how many times you have resisted things this week, and how they'll all add up.
Also, I have a list on my computer of where I will be each week if I lose 2lb/week or 1lb/week and how long it will take me to get to goal with each of those losses. Helps to make it worthwhile to think about the 1lb or 2lb I want to lose this week because it is part of a bigger picture.
Hope you wake up tomorrow raring to go again!

My Will power comes from pictures of when I've been slimmer and healthier n happier in the past ... And also from my wardrobe when I look at some of the lovely clothes I bought but haven't been able to get into, some still have the tags on.

Looking at group pictures where I look literally like the elephant in the room always spurs me on to better myself

I usually find it from on here and finding ideas for yummy recipes online, at work its hard when everyone else gets a pizza or kebab after work and I'm there with my pint of diet coke and a mug shot but I know it'll be worth it when I have a 'skinny' day :)

I saw my friends wedding video yesterday. I featured a bit because my daughter was a bridesmaid and all I can say is I now have a distinction between neck and chin that WAS NOT wholly evident on screen. That's my motivation for the next few weeks!! Then it will be Christmas motivation. I want to wear something gorgeous not just "nice"

I have a Christmas outfit, I have a trip to NYC booked, I used to have headaches all the time and now rarely get them, I have some great new clothes that I feel good in and I cried when I got to wear boots and leggings and a tunic DRESS! for for the first time, I had seen girls wearing this type of outfit and never thought I could myself, in fact I still feel odd in a dress and have only worn one twice this year out in public, that will change next year though as soon as I can afford some more.

I never want to go back to how I was, I hated myself, hid indoors and never spoke to anyone, I am not completely over all that but getting there, that is where my willpower comes from. I still have binge days but they are getting less frequent and I will never be cured but SW is a life thing.

Do a for and against list if you are struggling.

My willpower, at the moment, is coming from just visualising what I'll look like and how easy it will be to get nice clothes xx

The thought of looking in the mirror and not seeing that big ole jelly belly is all the willpower I need right now :)

Back