where/how did your OH propose to you ?

Mine never did! 3 days after we met in the course of a conversation he said "when we're married!" We were married 3 months later and that was 38 years ago.

I LOVE it when i hear things like this- so many people get married so quickly before really knowing each other and it goes sour, but its beautiful to know that other's just know when it's right.. so why wait :eek:) xxx

-laura- .. dont nag, dont get. thats my motto.. id start complaining girl (if its what you want of course!!!) lol xxx

Lovely stories!

My OH proposed on Christmas Eve - it was a total surprise! He asked my dad prior and then got down on one knee in front of our Christmas tree! I cried, he cried, then we rang everyone, then had champagne, and then more champagne and then had a carpet picnic whilst I kept bursting in to giggles and staring at my ring - which he'd hidden for a week after he saw it, and knew it was the one! It was perfect! xxx

Lovely stories!

My OH proposed on Christmas Eve - it was a total surprise! He asked my dad prior and then got down on one knee in front of our Christmas tree! I cried, he cried, then we rang everyone, then had champagne, and then more champagne and then had a carpet picnic whilst I kept bursting in to giggles and staring at my ring - which he'd hidden for a week after he saw it, and knew it was the one! It was perfect! xxx

Love all the happy giggling!

Ah what lovely stories :)

I was on holiday in Tunisia last year and my OH kept texting my mum, little did i know they was arranging the proposal. He asked her for her permission too.
The day after we got back he told me that we was going to my fav chinese restaurant, me him and my mum (he told me after that he wanted my mum there as he needed moral support...lol)
I knew something was going on as he hardly touched his food. He then got down on one knee and proposed, well he asked me to make him the happiest man alive, i said no! lol, i said no because he knew i wanted to be asked properly, he then asked me to marry him and of course i said yes :)
very quick relation ship, we met feb 09, engaged in march 09, found out i was pregnant in sept 09, and we now have a beautiful little girl. Wedding on hold for the mo though. Baby needs spoiling first...lol

xx

Lovely stories!

i had lots of champers too - a special black label moet we had been saving for something special!!! :D

I love that he hid your ring too - my fiancee had hidden mine for 3 weeks, in the loft....I didnt know we even HAD a useable loft!!!! haha! x

My OH was panicking I would find the ring in our hotel room before he found the right time to propose. He hid the ring box in some socks. One night when we were getting ready I was sat in front of his clothes drawer doing my hair and asked me to move so he could get some socks. I offered to grab him a pair and he was like "No, no, I'll get them!"

After he proposed, we laughed about this - I know why he insisted on getting his own socks!

hiya, i proposed to him, it was a leap year and we had a pub, so after a few drinks in front of the the customers i did it, never looked back since.

We just ended up being engaged!
Been together for about 6 months and were in a pub on Halloween night - somehow, the discussion started and before the end of the evening we were phoning everyone up to tell them!
We've been married for 6 years now (he is hubby no2) and is still the most wonderful partner in crime that I could ever have!

I am happy for you all but to the single, longing to be in a relationgship and married few of us this thread is very depressing and it makes me wanna eat the bar of chocolate that has been tempting me :-( lol

Phil and I worked together for 2 years before we got together... he had moved jobs by then but we remained good mates, but after going to a friends party in Oct 2000 ( i had arranged to stay at his place the weekend as I had loads of other times before when we went out for drinks as friends - with no hanky panky) we somehow ended up together ( will leave that to your imagination) it took me 3 days to go home, 3 weeks later we talked about my moving in with him, which I did in Jan 2001. At the end of Jan we were watching the film the wedding singer and when Adam Sandler started to sing "I want to grow old with you" Phil said that's what I want to do.....well as I am 9 years older than him I told him I had a head start so he had better get cracking....a few days later I was watching Dimonique on QVC of all things and saw a ring I liked... without me knowing he drew a rough sketch of it and took it to a jeweller to get one made up...on Valentines day I got a card and a box of chocies, the card said I meant it when I said I wanted to grow old with you and so I naturally thought I would be getting a proper proposal....haha.... but nothing happened.... about 2 weeks later we came back from shopping to find a package put through the door, he opened the flap looked in side passed me the package and said Oh this is for you.....when I opened it I found the ring....turns out he had planned to propose on valentines day but when his went to pick up the ring he realised it was too big and had to be altered.... he said by then he had lost his nerve thats why he just handed it to me....we married in Oct 2001 and I am still waiting for a proper proposal........

Back