where is everyone from??!!

Hey Laura !
I hardly ever run across anybody English here, and most of the people I speak to in Essex are curious about it, but none of them ever wants to come here.

I guess I will be fair about the land of my birth. If you want super duper cheapo 24/7 transport, NY is the place, if you want to literally eat African food on Monday, Thai on Tues, Indonesian on Wed, Bulgarian on Thurs......NY is the place. If you want warehouse sized supermarkets, health food shops, even vitamin shops, then yet again NY is the place.

But .................

If you do not have a great job with full benefits you will have no health insurance, it is crowded, dirty, rather impersonal and an exploding welfare and foster care system.

So it is England for me for : lovely friendly caring neighbors, wonderful wildlife, quiet country lanes, boot sales !!, charity shops, village fetes and hands on charity work ( NY'ers are rather inclined to pull out the checkbooks, the wonderful English would prefer to get in there and do the hard work for charity, which is more charitable.

Can not wait to get back, all being well later on this year.

Whew !! This turned into a sermon ! :)

auntynet said:
I'm frum 'tarn - as they say around here :D

. . . and translated that means from Barnsley, South Yorkshire - about half way between Leeds & Sheffield. The town itself is very ordinary but we're surrounded by some stunning countryside which surprises most visitors cos Barnsley has such a bad reputation as a "flat cap & whippets" mining town.

Snap I'm a barnsley lass too x

LornaGrace said:
Im in South Yorkshire, a small place called Rotherham (or rov'rum if ur familiar with the arctic monkeys)

Not far from you - I'm a Barnsley lass x

Rotherham have a lovely Akbars curry house!!!!

Ruth
X

sleepytimesadie said:
Hello Annie *waves* I'm Chelle from Burton on Trent, my husbands a Liverpool fan... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

EEEEUUUUUUWWWWW!!!!! tell him he can get tablets for that!! ;-)
(I'm an Everton Fan lol)
Xx

st2826 said:
I'm originally from Bideford-live in Greece now.

OHHHH! I LOVE greece!! Whereabouts do you live? My husbands dream would be to live in a villa overlooking the sea in Zakynthos. :-D

Hellooooooooooo im Wigan :) x x

Wow! So many Barnsley & Yorkshire lasses on here. Really small world, init? lol

North Wales :)

OHHHH! I LOVE greece!! Whereabouts do you live? My husbands dream would be to live in a villa overlooking the sea in Zakynthos. :-D

I'm in corfu-not quite in a villa overlooking the sea more inland looking at the mountains :D beach is only a 15 minute walk away though.

I'm from Bedford, originally from Milton Keynes :D

Hi I'm orignally from Gravesend, Kent but moved to Leeds nearly 4 years ago to live with BF, now we have our own place just outside of Leeds in Heckmondwike (between Dewsbury, Huddersfield & Wakey way).

So many people from yorkshire on here!

Back