Where is evryone?

Fuffa

Hardly any posts last two days. Where are you hiding? How is everyone getting on? Anything to tell? Or tips to share?

Come on let's keep this forum active:D

I know, it's very quiet on here sometimes! I usually only post when I can offer help/advice, or when I relate to someones story. My struggle is long-term, and very slow thanks to a screwed metabolism (underactive thyroid, ED & lifetime of yo-yo dieting! LOL!) so I don't often have any exciting losses to report unfortunately. But I do check in regularly!

I tend to look on here (CC), and at my subscribed threads, and at the moment I've somehow got 78 of them keeping me busy!!!

Plus I finally got my Ar*e in gear and started a diary thread where I do most of my ramblings!!!

Sorry, I've been a bit slack too. Someone had the audacity to make me leave my lovely cosy office yesterday to go to a meeting - the cheek of it!! And I was out last night, so no posting from me.

I have a horrible feeling I am not going to lose this week :sigh: but I am staying within my limits so one can only hope!

I think it's difficult to regularly post about diet things sometimes, maybe we should have some 'off topic' threads going? Is that allowed? I belong to a few bike forums (have a motorbike:D) where I have a good natter. They have an off topic section, but I don't think there is one in here. Have to admit, I only visit this section, and very occassinally I will look in some random sections to chat if I'm bored!!

I have been looking for months for a really good, really active ladies forum, where I can chat about make up, hair, fashion etc - does anyone know of anywhere like that?

Nat
x

I put in a request for an art based thread (I'm a painter), but no-one replied!!! :wave_cry:

Aww bless!! Well I don't see why we can't have some threads going in here, just for example - what do you do for a living? Just gives people something else to talk about! I don't want to start one though in case it's not within the forum rules, and I don't want to be the naughty newcomer :p lol

I think if you just post in the general section, anyone who's interested will reply...
I have found I don't always get a lot of responses though when I'm on a ramble...off topic or not!!

ive been here but am new so dont have much advice to offer anyone, still trying to get my head round it myself lol weighed myself this morning as not totm anymore and have lost another 2lb so thats 6lb in total since i started last monday, this really works!! wish i tried it ages ago! I really want to be 13st by christmas but my husband said no chance - guess what - thats made me more determined than ever!!!

xxxx

Woo there is life in CC lol. Hi to everyone. Sorry for my delay I'm at work and things got a bit manic. VodkaQueen good on you. Show him who's boss and that you WILL be at that goal by Christmas!

Little bit about me.. I'm Jenn, 25 live in Sussex with my husband and I'm an accounts manager for european airports and airlines.I'm on week three of CC and it's coming off nicely.My Wii fit arrived this morning and I can't wait to attack it tonight when I get home.My goal weight would be 8st 7lbs. I'm currently at 9.14lbs but the diet people want my first goal to be 9st 7lbs which is why my ticker is saying 10lbs instead of 19lbs.My goal is to be at my goal before Chrostmas. Soo that's my boring self in a nutshell lol! What about everyone else?

I'm Caroline, live in Northern Ireland, am 35 and married with two girls (3 1/2 & 15mths). I'm a (former :p) life-long yo-yo dieter who used to have an ED. I've spent most of this year trying to 'fix' my damaged metabolism so I can finally start losing weight the 'proper' way- i.e. by not starving myself! I started this at 13st 4lb in January, and am currently 12st 7lbs (have gone up & down a LOT over the summer trying to rectify a lifetime of damage!:banghead:). My goal is 10st 7lbs- so 2st to go.:innocent0002: I don't really mind how long it takes, as long as it stay off this time. 1-2lb a week would be nice though?

Im Karen I live in Derbyshire with my husband and 3 sons aged 11, 7 and 5. I work from home doing ironing. I go to the gym 3 times a week - well i try to! I put on 3 stone since my Father died last May - am a proper comfort eater - now want to get my life back on track,Im 32 yrs old and have been doing cc since last Monday! I tried slimming tablets from a clinic which were rather dodgy called phentamine in January and they made me really really ill where i was in bed for 2 weeks couldnt move at all, learnt my mistake and am opting for the healthy way now!!
Nice to meet you!!
xxx

It's really nice to hear a bit about everyone! My turn now...

I'm Natasha. I'm 35 and live in South Wales. I am a Training Manager for Boots. Married, 2 cats, no babies, but 2 motorbikes! Am only ickle (5'2") so every lb shows!!! Have been yo-yoing since I got married 4 years ago, lost a stone last year through a gym addiction, but have worn myself out and put it back on! So now onto CC and so far so good :D

Currently 9st 3lb (due to my 5lb loss last week). Goal is around 8st 7lb, although will be chuffed just to get on the good side of 9st! Would love to do by Christmas as hubby giving me a wad of cash for new clothes - wooh ooh!!:party0049:

Haha, wow. I feel so young.

I'm Zoe, I'm fifteen and I live in Cornwall. I'm homeschooled, and work in a pet store part time. I live with my mom and my younger brother, who's 11. I have an older brother who's 19, but he doesn't live with us. I have a kitten, who I absoloutely adore, and I wish we were allowed more pets as I'm a big animal lover but sadly the house is too small. :\

I've been overweight/obese since I was eight, nine years old, due to genetics and comfort eating. My parents split up when I was around that age, which was when I first turned to food. Since the beginning of this year, I've lost close to 50lbs through calorie counting and exercise (though the exercise is more of a recent thing ;)). I'm currently 9st 5lbs, and am aiming for 8st 8lbs by Christmas (I know it's only one off 8 1/2, but I'm mildly OCD with numbers, and being 8st 7lbs would mean I was 119lbs, which makes me a little twitchy ><. I can deal with 120lbs/8st 8lbs though. :)). I think that's about right for my height, as I'm only 5'2". x)

I'm currently 9st 5lbs, and am aiming for 8st 8lbs by Christmas (I know it's only one off 8 1/2, but I'm mildly OCD with numbers, and being 8st 7lbs would mean I was 119lbs, which makes me a little twitchy . x)

Awww..how quirky! LOL! :giggle:We all have our own little 'things' that keep us happy. You've done brilliantly so far- I was overweight from an early age too, but lost it the 'wrong' way- I'm so glad you haven't fallen into that trap! I'm 5ft 2" as well, but have NEVER been that slim (Well, I was when I was first sent to a dietician at age 6!) so I'll be happy enough if I ever get to 10st 7lbs? Well done!:clap:

Irish Mum you'll get there. We have every faith in you (and me I hope lol)

Awww..how quirky! LOL! :giggle:We all have our own little 'things' that keep us happy. You've done brilliantly so far- I was overweight from an early age too, but lost it the 'wrong' way- I'm so glad you haven't fallen into that trap! I'm 5ft 2" as well, but have NEVER been that slim (Well, I was when I was first sent to a dietician at age 6!) so I'll be happy enough if I ever get to 10st 7lbs? Well done!:clap:

It's just something I've always had. I hate odd numbers. A weight has to be on a multiple of 10 in lbs, or a solid stone. I can deal with it if the numbers match, though. (8st 8 or 9st 9 etc.) If I turn up the volume on my TV it can't be on an odd number. I never watch tv stations that are odd numbers. It annoys some people, but I like my quirks. :)

One of my friends was anorexic for years, though she's recovering now. Shes the same height as me, but a few years older, and at her lightest she was probably 5st 7lbs. I'd never do things the "wrong way", because I've seen the damage it's done to her.

I'm sure you'll reach your target. I originally set my target for 10st when I was at my heaviest, but I realised I could lose more weight and still be healthy, so I decided to go for it. :)

I'm secretly hoping that'll happen! :p
I think it's just because it's far away now, that it seems impossible. I mean, ten months ago when I was almost 13st., there was no way I thought it would be possible to weigh what I do now. I haven't been this light since I was about eleven.

Back