Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

How much diet coke do you use? just enough to cover the meat? and does it go sticky? I worry it will boil dry in the slow cooker

Big bags of Tyrells Propercorn are £1 at Waitrose :)

How much diet coke do you use? just enough to cover the meat? and does it go sticky? I worry it will boil dry in the slow cooker

I don't know, one problem I had with my slow cooker was everything came out too watery, so can't imagine it boiling dry.

When I was in Sainsbos on Sunday I bought a trout instead of the salmon I was eyeing. They had salmon fillets on the counter at half price, not sure if it is still going on though

I tend to get morrisons value salmon flakes if its for pasta or rice etc. it's only 90p. If its for a fillet salmon morrisons do 2 large fillets for £4. X

Currently 15st 1.75lbs

I bought these today from Tesco reduced

Hartley's sugar free jelly (Blackcurrant) 24p - 1/2 syn
Aero dessert - 13p if you make it up a instructed with semi-skimmed milk it has 7.5 syns but using it dry has 3 syns (I am going to mix with FF fromange fraise or muller light, or philly (HEXA) and see what happens - wonder what happens if mixed with water)
Jubbly icw lollies 48p (pack of 8) - 1 syn
Aero Orange 80p 110gr bar - each square 1 syn (normally 2-3 squares enough for me)
Flaked rice (for rice pudding/soup) 24p

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    737.3 KB · Views: 180
Rosielea said:
I bought these today from Tesco reduced

Hartley's sugar free jelly (Blackcurrant) 24p - 1/2 syn
Aero dessert - 13p if you make it up a instructed with semi-skimmed milk it has 7.5 syns but using it dry has 3 syns (I am going to mix with FF fromange fraise or muller light, or philly (HEXA) and see what happens - wonder what happens if mixed with water)
Jubbly icw lollies 48p (pack of 8) - 1 syn
Aero Orange 80p 110gr bar - each square 1 syn (normally 2-3 squares enough for me)
Flaked rice (for rice pudding/soup) 24p

Could you not use your HEA milk for the aero dessert?

ryvita's are on offer at tesco as well, got myself some of the fruit crunch for £1 instead of £1.56, I really want to try some of the others but couldn't justify buying loads all at once. Maybe in summer if they put them down to £1 again or if home bargains get any of the other flavours in.

Does anybody know anywhere that has salmon on offer? I usually stock up when salmon sides are on offer at tescos "0)

I dont think its on offer at morrisons at the minute but i would get it from there when it is as it works out cheaper then when tesco have it on offer.

I did have a couple of sides of salmon from tesco, the norweigen salmon and it doesnt taste now where near as good as morrisons scottish slamon. Thats just my opinion though

I got a whole salmon from morrisons at christmas for £16 all chopped up into 20 portions. I did get the head, tail and the off cuts and i made a meal out of just the off cuts and i bagged the rest up in 2's as i have 2 pieces at a time so i got 11 meals out of it but most people 1 piece would have been enough.

Waitrose have got their 6pk of Muller Lights 2 for £5!

Plus they are doing a really good deal of meat and veg for £5. Basically you can buy a whole chicken (1.6kg), a 1.25kg bag of carrots and a big bit of broccoli for a fiver! (That's what I brought!) There is other veg and meat in the offer like parsnips, onions, mince, stewing steak etc. Really good value as I would normally buy a chicken, carrots and broccoli as part of my weekly shop and I got £2.50 off :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    948 KB · Views: 83
Back