Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Did you put in any free food allowance for it?

Not a bargain but a warning really

Went to Lidl today to get chicken thighs for £2.65 kg. 7 in each pack.

The warning is I bourght Milbona Low fat nat yogurt in there ......... it is 15.1/2 syns for 100g. Yes 15.1/2 syns according the the syn calculator on line

Something's not right Nanny Doreen - you can calm your beating heart :p
MFP lists this yoghurt as 62 cals per 100g. That means at the very worst it can only be 3 syns per 100g. Using a free food allowance on the calculator should bring that down a bit as well.

Did you put in any free food allowance for it?

No I didn`t think there would be any free food in it.
Have given it to a neighbour now so can`t recheck it. Sorry if I have caused confusion.

PLUS I MISTYPED IT SHOULD HAVE SAID 500G.

Morrisons have got their pork shoulder joints on better than half price - £2.50/kg :D

I just got a huge joint and stuck it in the freezer, that's next weekend's dinners sorted! :D

Is there anyway to find out the syns for something if its not on the syns online app? Lidl do lamb shanks in 2 different gravies and a brisket in ale gravy that I wanna know the syns for!

image-3069218087.jpg

Beef

image-3345094865.jpg

Lamb

Attachments

• image-3584905903.jpg
    image-3584905903.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 155
Is there anyway to find out the syns for something if its not on the syns online app? Lidl do lamb shanks in 2 different gravies and a brisket in ale gravy that I wanna know the syns for!

Beef

Lamb

Things like this would probably b 20cals = 1syn

Red wine lamb 29syns
Mint lamb 24syns
Beef 15syns

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Doesn't the meat itself count as free food ???

I do it from home so don't know how the syns calculator works .

Things like this would probably b 20cals = 1syn Red wine lamb 29syns Mint lamb 24syns Beef 15syns Hope this helps :)

This won't be correct.

This rule is very general and only tends to work for things like chocolate, sweets, crisps etc.

The food in the post will have a free food allowance, as had already been mentioned, and that will significantly reduce the syn value xx

According to the syns calculator the top one is free on EE and the bottom 2 syns per 302g on EE.

6 fat free yogurts in morrisons are £1.40 there good range

Just went morrisons my local one is 6pk for £1.94. Also the All Bran Choc Crunch etc ranges are on offer for £2 instead of £2.89. Amazing! Def reccommend the chocolate one I have now stocked up! Whole ready to eat chickens are £4 too!

Back