Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Anyone know where Alpen light bars are on offer at the moment? Me and oh are eating 2 a day so getting through loads!! I always stock up when I find them on offer but we're running low! x

Anyone know where Alpen light bars are on offer at the moment? Me and oh are eating 2 a day so getting through loads!! I always stock up when I find them on offer but we're running low! x

I haven't seen any on offer for a while :-(

Just got back from the market I got

2 Iceberg lettuces as big as footballs
3 huge cucumbers
12 huge beef toms on the vine
4 punnets cherry plum toms
12 large onions
3 bunches coriander
10 huge baking spuds
3 melons
3 pineapples
26 tiny satsumas
8 chinese pears
8 red grapefruit
3 caulis
3 bunches spring onions
small box (around 3lbs) mushrooms

Total cost £15 and as I spent so "much" I got 6 braeburn apples 3 bunches spring onions and a big piece ginger and 4 red peppers and 8 chillis thrown in free :D

Brill sounds like a proper bargain! Wish my shopping was that low, spend a fortune on fruit etc.

are the oaty bars a heb choice,i bought toffee flavour today,hope they are a b choice,if not how many syns

Toffee ones are 4 syns each as they are higher in calories than the other flavours at 80 calories

Well worth the syns though - they are gorgeous!

I wish the markets round our way were that cheap! I find them a lot more expensive than supermarkets :(

This is a static market and is only open weds/thurs/fri/sat, so come afternoon on a sat they need to get rid of stock so they "knock-out" everything in huge bowls/boxes for £1 each plus if you are a reg they always pop a few extra bits in :)

I wish I had a market in Harrogate where I live!
I spend a ridiculous amount of money on fruit and veg- might nip to Ripon to the market!!!

ASDA this week:

Lots of fruit, veg, cereal etc for £1.00

I got:
Punnet of plums
Box of Kiwis
Iceberg Lettuce
Pineapple Fingers
Bitesize Shredded Wheat
Celery Pre-cut sticks
Asparagus
5 Courgettes
Light Hellmanns Mayo