Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Thanks Shirleen - thats great advice on the spice front I do use them alot.

Lots of other very good ideas for people here. Unfortunately I don't live near any asian supermarkets at all (I live in a fairly small town - we don't even have a Wetherspons!) otherwise I would be all over that!

Thanks Shirleen - thats great advice on the spice front I do use them alot.

Lots of other very good ideas for people here. Unfortunately I don't live near any asian supermarkets at all (I live in a fairly small town - we don't even have a Wetherspons!) otherwise I would be all over that!

If ever there's anything you need I'd be more than happy to get items for you and pop them in the post would still work out cheaper no doubt :)

azlan said:
Are these fat free? We don't have Asda in Ireland but most of these flavoured packet noodles are coated in oil (fried) before drying. It came up in my meeting and the syns in some are :eek::eek::eek::eek:

On no. I hope not! I've only used them once to use them up and thought it would be a good idea to use in future. Dies anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

On no. I hope not! I've only used them once to use them up and thought it would be a good idea to use in future. Dies anyone know?

Never tried them as I hate noodles/pasta but looking at the info they do seem very high in fat with over 15 g per pack

Nutrition
Nutrient per 100g (as cooked) per pack as cooked
Energy kCal 130kCal 345kCal
Energy kJ 546kJ 1,449kJ
Protein 2.8g 7.4g
Carbohydrate 16.7g 44.3g
of which sugars 0.9g 2.4g
Fat 5.8g 15.4g
of which saturates 2.7g 7.2g
Fibre 2.0g 5.3g
Sodium 0.3g 0.7g
Approx. Salt N/A N/A

i have noticed it too...usually i buy bacon medallions and it is £1.99 for six but morrison were doing 2 packs for £2 of normal bacon, didnt think there was that much fat on them but will be sure to cut the fat off anyway - got double the amount for same price

I am into Iceland at the moment. Granted, I couldn't do a full shop their but could do about 80% of one! Their basics like bread, milk, eggs and yoghurts are loads cheaper than the large supermarkets.

I have started buy their frozen meats which is much cheaper and there is no waste. If you eat a lot of savour rice and pasta (like we do!) they always have offers on these.

I did a shop their yesterday morning for £38.00 which included lots of frozen meats, lots of fresh fruit, cooked meats, yoghurts, etc, etc and then had it all delivered on the afternoon. I like the fact that I picked everything they delivered!!

I dont eat them myself but were talking about them in class this week and said that Asda smartprice noodles were free as long as you didnt use the sachet that came with them. People in class buy them and use a free stockcube instead.

cindersmcphee said:
I dont eat them myself but were talking about them in class this week and said that Asda smartprice noodles were free as long as you didnt use the sachet that came with them. People in class buy them and use a free stockcube instead.

I thought all the naughtiness was in the sachets

Also they have quite a few own brand cereals that are equivalnt to supermarket

also they have boxes of hot choc mix sachets, taste the same as options but half the price i liek the choc orange best, 2 syns per sachet

I love lidl if you can't tell LOL

Hi are these 70 cal cereal bars from Aldi or Lidl?

The aldi cereal bars are really really nice, a bit on the small side compared to an alpen light but you get 6 in a pack and they are £1.29 a pack at the moment, I think. Choc Orange and Apple and Sultana are particularly nice.

Also, their "Northern Catch" salmon fishcakes with chilli sauce, used to be totally free but I think they are 1 syn each now including the sauce, and are really tasty.

Their "red bull" equivalent, if you like that sort of thing, is 1/4 of a syn per can and it's £1.59 for six cans, which you would pay for 1 of the branded sort. Also their NAS Ginger Beer is lovely, and their premium diet lemonade, which is 29-39p a bottle.

The real danger for me in Aldi is their chocolate! Its so good!!

Also, ryvita minis are reduced but I can't remember the details

Back