Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

i found online ~(Tesco) - the dark choc fibre plus bars are £1.41 - not £1.79 like the milk choc ones.

x

Jo* said:
Can you use this like tinned coconut milk for Thai chicken recipes do you know?
The recipes on the kara site all seem to be sweet ones or soup, is it more like a sweet drink?

To be honest it's just really coconutty! So if you wanted to use it in curry for the flavour I imagine it'd be nice :) make it as usual and then add a bit of Kara to taste? Hmmm...maybe I'll try it and report back, though I know some people on here have already used it for curries. Apparently it doesn't curdle, so I might try using it to make hot chocolate instead of using water!

Thanks for the Iceland ones Jax. I live abroad, so sadly no Asda/Morrisons..... but we DO have an Iceland, albeit with quite limited (and sometimes expensive) selection. I shall copy your list down.... even though when I get there, I inevitably think "I could make this myself, healthier and far cheaper!!!" And don't bother..lol

New Season British lamb shoulder is half price in Tesco this week, and pork fillett has £1 off a kilo.

I also picked up a JML super dicer for half price, £12.50, there this morning.

Clairebear1000 said:
No, but it's 27 cal (about 1.5) syns per 100ml, or 400ml is a healthy extra A :) it is yummy, and has LOADS of calcium so super good for you! X

I'm gonna sound dumb here but is this the stuff u can use in curries or is it the water type drink ?????

It's just like normal milk but tastes coconutty and creamy.

I used it in a Thai curry insteda of coconut milk and it was fine. It was a bit watery but I just let it reduce down and it was yummy.

Ok, Asda trip this morning...
noteable finds..

KTC chopped toms, 6 for £1
Alpen Lights, 2 for £3
Quorn sausages / steaks / various other bits, £1
Mini babybel light 12's, 2 for £4
Frozen chopped leeks down to 75p a bag.. ( think it's a 1Kg bag.. great value and very nice )

New Aldi super 6 today isn't it?
I'll post it later once I've been down.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

New Aldi super 6 today isn't it?
I'll post it later once I've been down.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ooo indeed it is and i'd love to know what it is as presently compiling shopping lists for next week!

ooo indeed it is and i'd love to know what it is as presently compiling shopping lists for next week!

The list is usually available on line too ;)

Back