Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

debtin said:
Just wanted to share that Activia snack pots are on offer at ASDA for 30p...first time i have tried them and they are brilliant - wee change from muller lights and they are fat free!!

First timer here too and they're lovely!

Morrisons: Quick & easy microwaveable pilau rice, 3 pouches for £2 and only 1 syn a pouch, we love it with homemade curries, definately worth the 1 syn over plain boiled rice in my opinion.

I also got a lovely Hamlyn recipe book for £2.95, 200 Low fat dishes, had a quick look through and most of the recipes look very easily adaptable to suit SW - some of them just substituting oil for cooking spray. There was a low calorie one too, wish I'd got that one aswell!

Not sure if anyway else has put this.

Supernoodles: 40p @ Asda (My Asda have 3 of the syn free ones. Sweet Thai Chicken, Chilli Chicken & Chicken & Herb)

Mug Shots: Still 4 for £2 in Asda. However, they are 3 for £1 in Poundworld. And 33p in Home Bargains.

Muller lights & Activia Yogurts: Still 30p in Asda

I also discovered Asda 'Chosen by you' Vitality bar. They have an Apple & Raspberry flavour. £1 for 6 bars..and 3.5 syns. So half a syn more than Alpen bars..but i'm willing to allow it as they are so cheap and pretty tasty!

Morrisons - Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous - 4 for £2 - all flavours.

And just for a laugh Heinz baked beans 50p per can or you can buy a 4 pack for £2.50...I'm still cannot see the logic of that pricing!!!! (Same size etc...)

Stoffie said:
Morrisons - Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous - 4 for £2 - all flavours.

And just for a laugh Heinz baked beans 50p per can or you can buy a 4 pack for £2.50...I'm still cannot see the logic of that pricing!!!! (Same size etc...)

You have to be so careful with multi-pack 'bargains' or 'specials' they do it 'cos most people assume they're cheaper than normal, so don't bother looking

Options 11g sachets are 7 for £1.50 in Sainsburys. They are very handy for taking to work :D
Have different flavours like Orange, Coconut, Caramel, Ginger, white chocolate, Cherry..and a few more i think.
The cherry one is 60 calories instead of the normal 40 (and i think the white chocolate one is 44 calories), so the Cherry one would be 3 syns instead of 2.
However, i find that half a sachet is enough for a mug of hot chocolate (made with a milk & water). So then it's only 1 syn.

Anyone let me know if you find a better deal for these!
Or even better, if anyone noticed the Orange & Chocolate one in a tub!

Not sure if anyway else has put this.

Supernoodles: 40p @ Asda (My Asda have 3 of the syn free ones. Sweet Thai Chicken, Chilli Chicken & Chicken & Herb)

Mug Shots: Still 4 for £2 in Asda. However, they are 3 for £1 in Poundworld. And 33p in Home Bargains.

Muller lights & Activia Yogurts: Still 30p in Asda

I also discovered Asda 'Chosen by you' Vitality bar. They have an Apple & Raspberry flavour. £1 for 6 bars..and 3.5 syns. So half a syn more than Alpen bars..but i'm willing to allow it as they are so cheap and pretty tasty!
can they be used as hexb?

can they be used as hexb?

hmm..i'm not too sure.

However!!! I just went into Aldi, and they do a Harvest Moon 'Benefit' cereal bar.
They have Apple & sultana, Summer fruits, Chocolate & Orange.
£1.24 for a box of 6, but they are only 61 calories..Taste the same as alpen bars and only 3 syns.
I presume these ones can be used as healthy extras.

hmm..i'm not too sure.

However!!! I just went into Aldi, and they do a Harvest Moon 'Benefit' cereal bar.
£1.24 for a box of 6, but they are only 61 calories..Taste the same as alpen bars and only 3 syns.

yeah had these before.. they are an official hex b.. I find them a little on the sweet side though...

hmm..i'm not too sure.

Yep like skinnymix says, they are an official HEXB for 2 - they are listed in the back of the free food book in the HEX section:)

someone just told me that mullerlights are on offer in tesco, will have to go on monday morn on way home from work to check it out as i have been missing my frozen mullers. The coconut one is like a frozen bounty....heaven. especially eaten in bed, lights off and a good film to watch....ahhhhhhhhhh

I've just stocked up with Alpen light bars from our 99p shop, limited flavours but Summer Fruits and Choc n Fudge happen to be my fav .. at 99p a pack they are a bargain:happy096:

For those that like the odd ready meal, Asda has their frozen Good for You range on sale, 3 for £3.

Chicken Madras = 5 syns on EE
Chiken Tikka Masala = 6 syns on EE

Back