Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Lidl have spring onion bunches 29p. Butternut squash are 80p no matter what size (99p small one in sainsburys)
variety bags of mini choc bars for 1.99
69p for 8 large tomatoes in a net
Extra lean beef mince for 1.59

Morrisons have weight watchers cookies for about 70p a box. My Mum got very excited and said this it was really cheap. She also explained that they are wrapped in packets of two inside so you cannot eat the whole box! I've just looked up the syn value and they are 2 1/2 syn a biscuit.

Our Tesco's have the Quorn and Cranberry slices for 72p per packet

asda have cant believe its not cheddar(reduced fat cheese) on offer at 2 quid for a big block...in a pink wrapper for tickled pink charity...lovely too!!!

Last edited:
Don't quite know how to break it to you but pre grated cheese is synned :-(

They add flour to the packet so the cheese doesn't stick together!

sorry x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nooooooooo!! :(

I've been using the grated Cathedral City Lighter one as our HEA, not realising it had syns. And there was me thinking I'd been so good making up lots of 'free' SW quiches, when all I've been doing is sabotaging myself without realising, grrrr.

Right, will have to start buying blocks instead and grating it all up into a big bag for ease instead.

I have my most unimpressed face on right now!

lsf666 said:
Waitrose always have nimble reduced too. Great for sticking in the freezer :)

Yep! I only got 2 loaves, shoulda got more lol!

KittenKat said:
Nooooooooo!! :(

I've been using the grated Cathedral City Lighter one as our HEA, not realising it had syns. And there was me thinking I'd been so good making up lots of 'free' SW quiches, when all I've been doing is sabotaging myself without realising, grrrr.

Right, will have to start buying blocks instead and grating it all up into a big bag for ease instead.

I have my most unimpressed face on right now!

Sorry x

A lot if disagreement on here about it though but it was my consultant who said about the flour. If it hasn't effected your losses then don't worry about it :)

Asda have a lot of frozen veg on offer. I've just bought a big bag of leeks for 50p and some chopped mushrooms for 89p.

I make a lot of my own soups so I think I'm going to try a batch made with frozen veg as it will cut down on the prep time

Asda have a lot of frozen veg on offer. I've just bought a big bag of leeks for 50p and some chopped mushrooms for 89p.

I make a lot of my own soups so I think I'm going to try a batch made with frozen veg as it will cut down on the prep time

That sounds like a good idea! thanks for the share i was heading to asda later!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but more bargains at asda
£1 for dairlyea bites (i think 2 packets for 1 healthy a)
2 for £1.50 for ASDA Good for you! Onion & Chive Cottage Cheese (syn free and yummy!)
2 for £5 on frozen fish including tuna, salmon and haddock
and £1 for Original Source Shower Gel Chocolate and Mint, smells so yummy but totally syn free (haha!)

enjoy xx

Back